What's new

Any tips for detecting Vilano beach?

GatorBoy

Gold Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
14,812
Reaction score
6,156
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm headed to Vilano beach next week for a little vacation time.
Of course my detector is going with me.
I will be scanning for shark teeth as well.
I was hoping someone might have a little info on where there could be Spanish related artifacts along that stretch.
Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks. :-)
 
Upvote 0
Last time I went I only hunted shark teeth.

ForumRunner_20130626_104248.webp
 
Hunt near the rock jetty.
 
Thank you.. I will
 
No prob. You will not find any artifacts but last time I was there I found an old fishing lure and an antique silver button. Search both sides, get close to the rocks. Obviously, low tide is best. Usually some black sand just south of the jetty. Show us what you find.
 
I will post on this thread ..thanks again.
 
last time I was there was a waste of time. We need a storm big time
 
Last edited:
Well..I actually love hunting for shark teeth and I live on the Treasure Coast and do well detecting right at home.
So.. I will be out swinging my AT enjoying the fact I have no work for a few days..anything else will be icing.
They way you added to the quote makes it look like I said that.
 
Sorry about that. Teeth are cool to find. Just been so frustrating lately. Good luck!
 
Sorry about that. Teeth are cool to find. Just been so frustrating lately. Good luck!

It's cool.. and I know what you mean.. light southeast winds and nothing but accumulating sand on the beach.
WE DO need a storm.
 
Off to Vilano.
It looked like I was going to get some interesting wind and weather.
Hopefully I will make a decent post later in the day.
H.H.
 
Off to Vilano.
It looked like I was going to get some interesting wind and weather.
Hopefully I will make a decent post later in the day.
H.H.


So how did you do? Good, I hope.
 
Out there now.
Nothing but clad and little bits of steel..so far.
Doing much better with shark teeth.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom