What's new

Any tips for spotting silver vs silver plate without markings?

Sorry for the yellow pictures. 3 bangles were silver, the rest not. When I scratched them, they rubbed gold color. 2 are stamped 925 and the eagle. The taxco three don't say silver, but I think that's supposed to look like the eagle. Mean while, I have no idea what to do with these.
 

Attachments

  • 1446131178284.webp
    1446131178284.webp
    38.2 KB · Views: 168
  • 1446131192054.webp
    1446131192054.webp
    22.7 KB · Views: 173
  • 1446131206115.webp
    1446131206115.webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 192
Made to deceive marks. A vintage Taxco (or Mexican) eagle mark will always be a full bodied eagle, never just a head. Anything made after 1979 requires a registry mark (ie- TR-32).
 
Thanks Digg. Now to figure out what to do with them. Just toss them?
 
You could put them in a junk box, sell when you have 9-10lbs of "junk"?
 
Some silverware will be marked "COIN" this means it was made from 90% silver and often was from melted down coins.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom