What's new

Any Veterans on here that Enjoy this Hobby

USAR, 81-86, 7thBn, 9th FA.
 
2nd Batt/7th Marines in the 80's
 
I'm a Naval Air veteran from the 60's, who has been enjoying this hobby for 36 years. Had some time in the Vietnam War zone, but most of my time was spent in California, Alaska, Phillipenes and Okinawa.
 
4th Div, RVN 69-71

Soon to retire and a whole lot of swinging coming up!
 
U.S. Army, 83-86 I wish I was detecting then, one of the places I was stationed at was Ft. Hamilton, Brooklyn, N.Y. & Ft. Wadsworth, Staten Island, N.Y. Both of which I am sure seen a lot of activity.
 
U.S. Army '73 -'76 Combat Engineer. First metal detector was a Mine Detector.
 
Are commanding officer called Dong tam...the Duck pond...we where just sitting ducks for mortar rounds, during the tet offensive in 1968 we were mortared and rockets for 45 days in a row..days and nights. I loved watching the gun ships go up at night with there mini guns...looked like a red rope going back and forth...I was glad when I went home....I think it was 1970 when one of those mortar arounds hit the ammo dump and a lot of people got hurt there.....
 
I made a lot of friends while in the service for those 2 years, seen a lot of things over there, Vietnam that I,ll never forget....and I see all there faces when I think about them even if I cant remember there names know and I wonder often if there still with us today...I kept in touch with a few of them for a few years.... a lot of water under the bridge since then....but I will always remember....metal detecting is a get away for me and has been for a lot of years.....HAPPY HUNTING VETS.
 
Last edited:
Deployed 3 times. 2001-2002, 2002-2003, 2007-2008 in Afghanistan. I served with some mighty fine people there and will never forget. Been MDing regularly since 2010.
 
US Navy Destroyer man 1980-1986. Not sure why I didn't get into this hobby sooner than 2012. I love the thrill of the hunt.
 
Active army 1991-1993. 82nd Airborne. Active again in 2002 stationed in Ft. Hood. Spent another 17 years in the national guard. Retired in 2012.

Two artillery MOSs: Forward Observer and Cannon Crewmember. Worked in Chemical warfare for a short while and finished in supply. Nothing was as exciting as working with the artillery and infantry and jumping out of perfectly not good planes.

Really miss having missions and challenges to complete, but I accepted that I have moved on.
 
Last edited:
Pointman..you have a mission and challenge...to find all the treasures you can...I have been doing my best...but not much luck yet !!! but I, ll get there...
 
Army 66-68 medic 72 yrs old been detecting /cachehunting 44 yrs love it. rwd mo
 
US Navy 1960-1966 Two Med cruises, Bay if Pigs blockade. Ships Navigation Quartermaster. Loved it.
Navy1.webp
 
USAF, 1966-1970. Started detecting shortly after getting off active duty. Took a break from TH'ing for the past 10 or so years but trying to get back in the "swing" of things.

Don
 
active USAF 93-2013. 1st Sgt. Just getting into this. seems like a great group, i found the right place to hang out
 
Glad to join this distinguished crowd. Army Security Agency 64-68. Army Security Agency Reserves two years. 911th Airlift Wing Air Force Reserves seventeen years, retired 2006. Viet Nam era, Cold War era, Desert Shield, Desert Storm, Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Southern Watch, Operation Noble Eagle, Operation Desert Fox. Thank all of you for your service!
 
USN, CTI3(SW), 2002-06, USS Gettysburg (CG-64)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom