Anybody ever hear of these??????

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are what are referred to as not being able to find a garbage can lid under a sheet of newpaper. However they are better than nothing and will keep the kids busy at a picnic and you aren't out much when they forget where they left it.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good for the kids an even then I think I might be a lil embarrassed,an I'm all for saving money

Gobyman

Jul 21, 2009
SW, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Excal with 15" WOT
Dude This is probably the same company (china) that makes the Trident Viper sold by Kellyco, and whats even more interesting is Kellyco advertises that it should retail for $900, what a joke. I bought one of the tridents used, since I did'nt want to go all gongho before knowing if I would like the hobby. Needlesss to say I've hit about five beaches (approx about 4 hrs a day) here in SW florida in the last 2 weeks and all I've found is about $2 in change, a womans 10K small necklace (dry sand) and alot of pull tabs, aluminum cans. Still waiting to hit the jackpot, so I can get me a real good waterproof MD, maybe a Minelab Excaliber. One good thing I can say, is it gets me out and about (just retired from the USAF, 21yrs) so I guess thats one positive. Heres a pic with the walmart one and the trident side-by-side, kind of obivious on the maker :icon_scratch:

Attachments

• cheapo.jpg
    cheapo.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 454

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
buy a bunch @ $50 and sell them for $112? Heck no... you need to under-cut the ebay seller... Buy @ $47 from walmart and sell them on ebay for $75 + $20 shipping. No need to be greedy... :D

steve

cdltpx

Jul 6, 2009
Galvez La 70769
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/2 coils BH 2 coils/ Garrett pinpointer.
Stranger things have happened.
My favorite is go to yard sale buy something unopened that has a walmart sticker on it and return it for the gift card.
Good way to stay in canned goods. All they ask for is your ID and hand you a card good for groceries/ or whatever you would buy I perfer to save up for the inpending shootout between the folks that can't learn to get along.

I don't qualify for food stamps and don't break the law so this is my cheap thrill.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buy them at walmart, sell it on ebay, have buyer send it back to you, return it to walmart, send buyer replacement........ not a great way to turn a profit.

I bought one, it worked the first time I used it. Hits hard and deep on iron, won't find gold half an inch from the coil. Second time I tried to turn it on and it was toast. Oh well, it only cost me the $.97 shipping to try it out.

Willee

May 6, 2009
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 ... Fisher CZ-70 ... Deus 2 ... Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yes ... they are not worth the metal they are made from ...

I had one and it worked but was very limited on detection depth.
I sold it to another guy for $20 that wanted it for his kid .
He did not want his kid finding anything I guess.
About 2" is its max range but still ... that is about 2" better than some of the other "dowsing rod detectors" KellyCo sells for big bucks!
KellyCo should be ashamed for selling cheap junk to people.
I know they are smart enough to know these detectors are total crap.
They must be making a bundle on each one sold.

If you buy one of these from Wal-Mart ... Keep the box and receipt ... you will need it when you return it for a refund.
Or ... sell it on eBay for $150 and rip off some other sucker.

Willee

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something you should always consider, a good detector holds its value and you can sell it or trade it down the road and get most of your money back. I bought a used Excal for $800, kept it for 18 months, found lots of nice goddies with it and then sold it for $750. $50 to use an Excal for 18 months isn't bad. It is like renting a Ferrari for 18 months for $500.

Look at the price of used Excals, Sovereigns, or Whites Beach Hunter 300 on the boards or on Ebay, they hold their value. A good detector is not money lost, money is just in a different investment is all, the money is still there......

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i was told by a dealer that a good rule of thumb is when you buy a new detector, look at investing 100.00 for each inch of depth you want to search. so if you want to search 10 inches below the surface look at spending 1000.00

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread