Anybody know if the Harbor Freight Pinpointer are any good?

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Rocksolid, Get a LED that can handle 4VDC "most will" . I used a bright blue LED from my scrap box. Mount it where you want it that will fit. Observe polarity and connect it to your speaker at it's leads. The speaker will sink any excess voltage.. Frank

rocksolid

Greenie
Nov 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, Frank. I was able to ramp up the sensitivity on the pot with a little experimentation to get it to the ragged edge of triggering. The switch was easily replaced by unsoldering the stock switch and installing a RS momentary switch. It just needed a small lockwasher on the inside to tighten against. I might have a led that will work.

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dbennett7 said:
got one for my grandson lasted about 2to 3 weeks save your money and buy the garrets dennid

:icon_thumleft:

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iz Adrian in Oklahoma representin *Harbor freight* baby!!! Don't hesitate...get the freight! Get the freight..& have time for a date! Get the harbor, & save $ @ the barber! Get the freight..it'll show you your fate! Don't wait...get the freight! Sold yet? Sing with me....my p pointer had a first name....it's h a r b o r...my p pointer has a second name it's f r e I g h t (to the Oscar meyer tune)......

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
iCandy said:
Iz Adrian in Oklahoma representin *Harbor freight* baby!!! Don't hesitate...get the freight! Get the freight..& have time for a date! Get the harbor, & save $ @ the barber! Get the freight..it'll show you your fate! Don't wait...get the freight! Sold yet? Sing with me....my p pointer had a first name....it's h a r b o r...my p pointer has a second name it's f r e I g h t (to the Oscar meyer tune)......

Now I've got that tune in my head...Thanks. LOL! :tongue3: You're hilarious!

Theakiki

Dec 28, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX550
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought an HF because I was ready to shell out the $. It worked pretty well for a week or so, then it died. :BangHead:

I took it back, ad they exchanged it. No questions asked! :hello2:

I used it all summer with moderate success, even though the switch was glitchy, and going out. :cussing:

From the start, I had planned to someday get a Garrett. Yesterday for Christmas, my wife got me one! :love10: I used it for a little while. It seems that there will be a bit of time to learn it, but I have no doubt that it is miles ahead of my HF tool! :icon_thumleft:

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Theakiki said:
I bought an HF because I was ready to shell out the $. It worked pretty well for a week or so, then it died. :BangHead:

I took it back, ad they exchanged it. No questions asked! :hello2:

I used it all summer with moderate success, even though the switch was glitchy, and going out. :cussing:

From the start, I had planned to someday get a Garrett. Yesterday for Christmas, my wife got me one! :love10: I used it for a little while. It seems that there will be a bit of time to learn it, but I have no doubt that it is miles ahead of my HF tool! :icon_thumleft:

You'll learn it in no time. The hardest thing is that because the Garrett has such impressive range, you have to do the shut off and back on when it's already close to get even more precise range, but I wouldn't trade it for anything else! Extremely high quality!!!

OP
OP
goldentruth

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the replys on this post from the many. I see the issue if ya want something now or to invest for a more operational unit like Garretts for better depth. Thanks for the info.Glad to hear from on the field users. I was first looking at the Whites Bullseys & No.2, I saw many were dumping them on ebay new & used.(Then I read complaints about the switches going out in short times & complaints of "Whites Co." making the Bullseye 2 but still having issues and many not happy but some few owners had little problems.
I guess you get what you pay for or it's the pref thing. Have a great up-comming newyears, D. from Cal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread