digordie Sr. Member Joined Aug 18, 2012 Messages 361 Reaction score 125 Golden Thread 0 Jul 12, 2014 #1 Found just yesterday!!! Attachments ForumRunner_20140712_142113.webp 53.2 KB · Views: 127 ForumRunner_20140712_142134.webp 54.5 KB · Views: 114 Upvote 0
quito Silver Member Joined Mar 31, 2008 Messages 4,638 Reaction score 4,844 Golden Thread 0 Location south dakota Detector(s) used good eyes Jul 12, 2014 #2 Where did ya find it? Location helps a lot, and i don't mean exact location.:-)
digordie Sr. Member Joined Aug 18, 2012 Messages 361 Reaction score 125 Golden Thread 0 Jul 12, 2014 Thread Owner #3 southeast iowa.
GatorBoy Gold Member Joined May 28, 2012 Messages 14,812 Reaction score 6,156 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 12, 2014 #4 Looks like an Etly to me.. Nice find.
digordie Sr. Member Joined Aug 18, 2012 Messages 361 Reaction score 125 Golden Thread 0 Jul 12, 2014 Thread Owner #5 Sweet thanks.
rock Gold Member Joined Aug 25, 2012 Messages 14,751 Reaction score 8,933 Golden Thread 0 Location South Detector(s) used Coin Finder Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 12, 2014 #6 Material looks like white quartzite. Its amazing it wasn't broken. Great find
GatorBoy Gold Member Joined May 28, 2012 Messages 14,812 Reaction score 6,156 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 12, 2014 #7 I think that's just thick patina rock. I think I see blueish gray flint under the patina..on a couple small chip spots.
I think that's just thick patina rock. I think I see blueish gray flint under the patina..on a couple small chip spots.
digordie Sr. Member Joined Aug 18, 2012 Messages 361 Reaction score 125 Golden Thread 0 Jul 12, 2014 Thread Owner #8 Ya im pretty sure its Burlington chert.