worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I just eat them until I want no more,next day I start all over.

DSCN5393.JPG

GOD Bless America ONCE again

Chris

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They really are good...quick way to eat them is to cut an X at the top and pop them in the microwave for three minutes....

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, one of my favorite things about late fall is the availability of chestnuts! My mom always made chestnut stuffing for Christmas and/or Thanksgiving turkeys and I can eat them every day and not tire of them. Of course one needs to eat the good ones, not "horse chestnuts". Most I get in the stores here are imported from Italy and they must have had a great year since I have bought a few batches with very few bad ones.

Creaky, I'll have to try that!! I always split them and then roast in oven at 550 degrees for an hour wrapped in foil which I added a little water to.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Man, one of my favorite things about late fall is the availability of chestnuts! My mom always made chestnut stuffing for Christmas and/or Thanksgiving turkeys and I can eat them every day and not tire of them. Of course one needs to eat the good ones, not "horse chestnuts". Most I get in the stores here are imported from Italy and they must have had a great year since I have bought a few batches with very few bad ones.
Creaky, I'll have to try that!! I always split them and then roast in oven at 550 degrees for an hour wrapped in foil which I added a little water to.
A local market has barrels of them,9.99/lb.I sit and eat them as fast as I can hull them.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful picture
I have to get a few next time I’m shopping ,I never tried them..
As young kids there was a massive tree up the road from us.
I recall the sharp spikes on their shells and some would take the nuts and make necklaces

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as a kid I chewed on at least one. never been a big fan of any kind of nuts,
but as a kid I even tried an acorn. from what I remember, besides salted peanuts they all tasted the same .

there are 4 big old chestnut trees in my nephews hotel yard .
honestly I doubt anyone thinks about roasting them these days :dontknow:
000aa.jpg

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as I know we don,t have them here,but if they,re that good I,m gonna see if I can find some and try em out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread