What's new

One and The Other

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,742
Reaction score
12,709
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WE have two young 9 banded Armadillos that have taken up temporary residence on our property. We named them One and The Other. When you see one the other one is nearby.
A lot of people have told me to get rid of them because they will tear my yard and garden beds up, but I am going to let them stay as long as they want. Mainly because they eat fire ants, but also because in my old age I have adopted a no kill approach on my land.
I figure I don't have a lot of time left so why not enjoy all of God's creations.
20260511_124551.webp
 
Ok how do tell these 2 apart?
Dimensions: A typical burrow measures roughly 7 to 10 inches in diameter, can plunge up to 7 feet deep, and stretches 3 to 25 feet long underground.
Good news is:
An individual armadillo typically excavates and maintains an average of 5 to 11 distinct burrows across its home territory, with some active individuals managing up to 12 or 15 different dens.
Upside to these 2:
You won't have mow the lawn.
 
They always have litters of 4, so maybe you'll get more pretty soon.
 
Good choice ! Now expect them to dig a lot of tunnels in your yard and everyone else's !
I already have moles to dig the tunnels! I haven't seen them in a couple days, so maybe they moved on.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom