What's new

Anyone else using a Garmin Montana 700 ?

Gare

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2012
Messages
13,412
Reaction score
30,239
Golden Thread
0
Location
Canton Ohio Area
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are can you describe the pros and cons ? I am thinking about getting one
Thanks in ADVANCE !!!
 
tn_link.gif
I searched
tn_02.gif
and found this thread (you might find interesting)...

Bought My First Handheld GPS (Aug 24, 2020)
​

tn_metal_detector.gif
Also, you might consider posting your request on G.P.S. / G.I.S. for additional exposure...
 
I love Garmin products but unless the 700 has some amazing features you can't live without I would go with one of the GPSmaps series at about half the price.
 
I use the 680T for md hunting while looking for CCC Camps, POW Camps, old recreation areas listed in local history, etc. It has nationwide topo and I have loaded some local detailed updated maps. Have no idea how the GPSmaps work.
 
Well I went and bought a Garmin 750i Now to learn it
 
I use Onyx hunt for property lines and it list owners names and numbers. Check out their web site. you can drop way points and such. I used to use a garmin but like this app much better.
 
I use Onyx hunt for property lines and it list owners names and numbers. Check out their web site. you can drop way points and such. I used to use a garmin but like this app much better.
Thanks TN I also have Onyx hunt but i want to search the 1800;s time zones
 
I was lucky to get some old maps from a Forrester. On each map was marked an old home stead. It was a topo map of an area that I frequent. This was before USGS maps.
Good luck with your hunts.
 
That Garmin is an interesting device Gare. I see a few advantages over a smartphone. One being it is likely not being tracked by rogue governments that actively spy on us without our permission or knowledge? Maybe that’s a pipe dream.

I wonder what the total yearly cost is once you activate all the features and start using them.

For others reading this thread..seems Apple must have struck a deal with Elon. Next IOS update will include satellite texting for remote areas. That’s a game changer. I don’t think they are charging extra for that either.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom