What's new

Anyone ever find any uncirculated silver?

stumpy041486

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Anyone ever find any uncirculated silver while CRH? In the past week or 2 I have found 2 really white 1964 halves and 1967 half that all appear uncirculated. They look brand new. Is this common? Do they have any premium over the other silver?
 
Upvote 0
Early on in my CRHing career when I was still finding good amounts, I used to find quite a bit of AU/BU appearing silver halves. My guess is that the coins sat in a collection for years and then got dumped at the bank. I once had a single box that had several proof and mint strikes that looked like they came right from a collection, all nearly perfect condition.

I guess these types of coins might have a slight premium if you can find a buyer. I would personally keep the really great ones for my own collection.

Most proof and mint sets from 1964 on are fairly inexpensive to buy, so if someone really wanted an "untouched" coin such as these they can buy one plus get the smaller denomination coins as well.

Jim
 
Few months ago when we had a record braking 20 Box find where 19 of 20 had Silver, don't have exact numbers but do remember noting well over half the Halves were in not technically uncircumcised condition but so close, you know full rims and all- hundreds of them in a 758 Silver find; we theorize most came from a collection that had been saved for couple decades to be in such good condition as these were.
 
Stumpy,
I got a nice lode of BU/AU 1964 kennedy's a week ago. Check my posting to see
the photo of the coins in my hand. Many of the 1967, 68 and 69 40%er's in the photos
were also very nice.
Keep hunting and good luck
rileyboy
 
obediah said:
Few months ago when we had a record braking 20 Box find where 19 of 20 had Silver, don't have exact numbers but do remember noting well over half the Halves were in not technically uncircumcised condition but so close, you know full rims and all- hundreds of them in a 758 Silver find; we theorize most came from a collection that had been saved for couple decades to be in such good condition as these were.

Huh? I think that's a slip of the ...er...tongue.
 
Kantuckkeean said:
obediah said:
Few months ago when we had a record braking 20 Box find where 19 of 20 had Silver, don't have exact numbers but do remember noting well over half the Halves were in not technically uncircumcised condition but so close, you know full rims and all- hundreds of them in a 758 Silver find; we theorize most came from a collection that had been saved for couple decades to be in such good condition as these were.

Huh? I think that's a slip of the ...er...tongue.

;D Yeah you can keep those halves....
 
I have some pretty nice silvers. I would say some of thm are AU quality.
 
Yes, I found one half dollar 2009 Salabed NGC PR 70 Ultra Cam in the holder. A Rich kid
probably took it from his dad collection according to what the teller told me.

I posted here about 1 or two months ago.

Also I found a 1970 half Pr and I think it is a PR 68

CB
 

Attachments

  • pr70.webp
    pr70.webp
    10.5 KB · Views: 254
  • kenn1970S.webp
    kenn1970S.webp
    16.5 KB · Views: 253
  • pr70.webp
    pr70.webp
    10.5 KB · Views: 249
  • kenn1970S.webp
    kenn1970S.webp
    16.5 KB · Views: 249
The thing is also the pride of finding the coins by pure CRH.

I mean, any body can go to buy these coins since they are not very expensive.

You can get a PR 1970 set for about $12 or salbed by NGC 70 from $ 48 to $120.

So even if you have uncirculated 1970 halves impaired proofs dealers wont pay you a premium.

DW
 
Yep, but not as much as some of the posters here. But I have some very nice stuff that I put aside just in case the "Silver Rush" comes as many predict! ;D ;D ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom