jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found an 1879-S Five Dollar Gold piece in 2003. you can see it in the April? 2004 issue of W&E and the Dec. 2003 issue of Lost Treasure.? :)? I found it at an old Ball park, one of my hunting buddies told me about. <> He told me he hunted this place to death, and wanted me to take My Sovereign there and see what he missed? :) Of Course I still rub-it-in to him? ;D " DIG PULLTABS" !!!!!!!!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THANKS BERGIE ; VF - XF $175.00 ; Jeff

oknorom

Sep 17, 2004
Texas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
jeff, i think i remember seeing your picture in that issue! neat.

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found many gold coins...........then I woke up!!!! ;D :D 8) Hoping one day to find my first!!

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, Jeff. Just curious. I remember you telling me you use the meter on your Sov sometimes. Do you remember what the numeric readout was for that gold coin, and how deep was it down?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I remember right it was somewhere around 525-530 . (Please note, I set mine at 555 for a Quarter. no Particular reason, other that when I first bought it, I thought that was the correct setting. by the time I realized it was 550. I decided not to change) and on depth, about 8". I definately thought it was a cantab, till I saw the gold sticking out the dirt. Then I thought,? another Class Ring :) By the way, the Numbers were checked, after I dug it, as My Hunting partner wanted to know. I never even glanced at it between getting the signal & digging. as I said, I was expecting a can tab. PLUS , I always dig everything, even the broken signels :)

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Jeff 8) Been wondering what a goldie would register at for a while now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread