Anyone ever roll hunted in Hawaii?

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious if anyone ever tried on vacation in Hawaii (or the off chance a member here lives in Hawaii).

I'll be in Maui in September for a week and was just wondering if anyone has ever tried.....doesn't seem like they would get a whole lot of "circulation" there....probably been picked over already.

anyways i'll still give it a little try, was just curious.

HH
Bigheed

Upvote 0
That's a good thought, though I am sure like you said, it has already been picked through already. Plus, Hawaii is a place where people do not primarily go for "business" and I would assume that there is minimal circulation there making it not a prime CRH spot. Hope you make out well there! :thumbsup:

You should bring your half dollar dumps over there. I'm sure they won't be leaving the island much. LOL

I used to live in Hawaii. I worked on an organic farm on the Big Island for 3 months. You could call it either an extended vacation or a short residence.

There are no national bank chains in Hawaii. So whatever bank that you use on the mainland is not going to be in Hawaii.. A week is a very limited amount of time. Even if you can find a bank that would order for you (without having an account) it still may not be enough time to do much of anything.

Same goes wtih dumping. I wouldn't want to carry a bunch of half dollar dumps on the plane with me, I would rather enjoy my time there, but that's just me. Goodluck on your hunt..

heh...not planning on anything major, i do enough volume back in Los Angeles.

just a few stops to see what kind of inventory they have while driving around if i see a bank here and there..."vacation road trip"

byrne3 said:
I wouldn't want to carry a bunch of half dollar dumps on the plane with me, I would rather enjoy my time there, but that's just me. Goodluck on your hunt..
exactally what I was thinking but couldn't word it correctly :thumbsup:

Nod....never implied i was going to bring dumps there, that was SFbays comment :-)

Bigheed said:
Nod....never implied i was going to bring dumps there, that was SFbays comment :-)

I was making a joke.. I can't imagine bringing a box of halves on the plane with me.

I can't either....but nontheless just clarifying :-)

SFBayArea said:
Bigheed said:

I was making a joke.. I can't imagine bringing a box of halves on the plane with me.
My mom spent 2 weeks there in April, brought me back a (I think) 1928 Red seal $5 note she got in change for me to give to my son. I would take $20 or $30 in halves to dump just for chits and giggles.

I just was out there for work and managed to dump about $250 in halves. Picked up some pennies when I was out there. Nothing fantastic. I did learn this, you will hear everyone want to keep the halves or have never seen them before. It was a joy to spend them on the island. Enjoy your future trip. :icon_thumright:

I just came back from a 10 day vacation in Oahu. I stopped by the Bank of Hawaii and picked up $9 in loose halves. I found 2 silvers (1967, 1968). I asked around at about 7 other banks, and none of them carried any half dollars.

I used to travel to Hawaii monthly. I found quite a few silver halves during my trips, the oldest being a 1952
Ben. However, I never tried to dump halves there.

You would CRH in Hawaii? ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back