โœ… SOLVED Anyone familiar with styles of cuff links?

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2015 (55).jpg2015 (56).jpg

I know this is just a shot in the dark. But, I'm trying to pin down an age of a certain area.
I was hoping that the style of construction might be known.

As an aside, I also found this lil piece of what I think might have been part of a watch
fob once. It is very fragile looking but even this might give a clue.
2015 (65).jpg

It's only about 1/2 an inch at it's longest point. The metal ring is split at an angle
by design.

Thanks!

Just like buttons, cufflinks are identified by what they're made of, how they're made etc. This one is a pressed two piece with a wedge link in between. Guessing at what its made of and way the pressed backing is made id put it near turn of the century so pretty cool find. Club member recently pulled up solid silver cufflinks from early to mid 1800's with some nice engraving work.

Upvote 0
Just like buttons, cufflinks are identified by what they're made of, how they're made etc. This one is a pressed two piece with a wedge link in between. Guessing at what its made of and way the pressed backing is made id put it near turn of the century so pretty cool find. Club member recently pulled up solid silver cufflinks from early to mid 1800's with some nice engraving work.

Well, I was thinking this just might be from 1700's due to the construction style. That wedge sort of shape with the
triangle hole and the way that it seems to be held together by mostly corrosion. I didn't do much in the way of
cleaning. Pretty much came out of the ground this way. I figure it's brass. Maybe a collar button?

Anyway, thanks for your help!

Upvote 0
You are right the wedge back comes from the 1700's but mainly made of pewter but key thing is they're a one piece button where as these are two piece. The wedge shape keeps the thing from turning round and round.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back