E

EDN

Apr 17, 2016
Gilbert, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab Eureka Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is another picture of an outcropping/quartz about 30 yards away. This one seems to run straight up and out of the canyon or perpendicular to the wash at the bottom. This one has some grey looking material in some spots.

The other vein run at an angle up the canyon.

Attachments

• IMG_0147.JPG
    IMG_0147.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 54

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your best bet would be to go and break off some samples from both areas and crush them up and then pan them to see if you find any gold in them. The first three pictures look promising for the right type of gold bearing ore to me the area I am from (Julian California) has the same looking ore. I would seperately do each crushing so as not to chase the wrong vein.

OP
OP
E

EDN

Apr 17, 2016
Gilbert, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab Eureka Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your best bet would be to go and break off some samples from both areas and crush them up and then pan them to see if you find any gold in them. The first three pictures look promising for the right type of gold bearing ore to me the area I am from (Julian California) has the same looking ore. I would seperately do each crushing so as not to chase the wrong vein.
Thanks. I plan to go there later this year when it cools down. I'm hoping to find some nuggets on the side of the canyon wall.

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your last picture looks to be bull quartz. You would have to dig down 5 - 10 feet and see if the vein is still there then take samples. As far as the first pictures, not only sample the quartz, but the area next to the quarts on both lises, sometimes there is better gold in the walls.

Reactions: EDN

skyhawk1251

Nov 9, 2018
Kingman, AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I see only bull quartz in all of your photos, none of it gold-bearing, but if you're still curious if it could contain any micro-gold there's no need to crush and pan it. Just break off some samples and examine the freshly exposed surfaces with a jeweler's loupe. I doubt if you'll see anything of value. Mohave County has many prominent outcroppings of bull quartz some of which are stained by the high iron content of the mineralized ground, but nothing more than that. The quartz veins in your photos are "puny" in comparison to what is seen here locally. Your time would be better spent by panning creek beds in the Superstitions.

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EDN
This is more what to look for.
The quartz is not the most important part of the picture.
The brownish rock above the quartz is rhyolite while the slightly lighter rock below the quartz is dacite.

It is the sudden change in country rock separated by a quartz vein that is always a promising place to find gold.
And usually the gold will have formed on one side or the other of the separation of country rock.

Attachments

• qzvein.jpeg
    qzvein.jpeg
    16.2 KB · Views: 76
OP
OP
E

EDN

Apr 17, 2016
Gilbert, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab Eureka Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All,

Thank you all for reading and responding to my post. I won't be able to get back to this place where I took these pictures until this winter. However, when I do, I will get some samples and look for they type of rocks you have described.

Thanks,
EDN

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're going to sample the vein, DON'T sample it near the surface. Iron and noble metal weather out of most everything near the surface. Stick a prybar in and break out a chunk several inches deep (or drill in with a hammer drill and granite bit and save the dust).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread