What's new

Anyone heard of this detector? Raelar Turtle Totally Submersible Metal Detector

goverton

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2010
Messages
407
Reaction score
53
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Raelar Turtle Totally Submersible Metal Detector

It looks in good condition and maybe cheap to purchase. Just not sure if it is any good.
 
There used to be a Turtle detector years ago and I think it was a VLF/TR. Either way if it is the same one it is near 30 yrs. old and not up to todays standards.
 
no but heck of a groovey name
 
goverton said:
Raelar Turtle Totally Submersible Metal Detector

It looks in good condition and maybe cheap to purchase. Just not sure if it is any good.

Wasn't "Raelar Turtle " one of the Teenage Mutant Turtles? :laughing7: Seriously, fuhgitaboutit! :thumbsup:
 
I can't remember for sure but i think it was made by Tesoro..As a matter of fact i am pretty sure it was made by Tesoro........... You could call Tesoro and find out about it........Tesoro had a private lable agreement with a company called turtle that made under water detectors............The out side waterproof box was made by turtle.. But the inside was a Tesoro.............. So Tesoro i guess would still work on them...............And they had one called the Silver Turtle it was basically a water proofed Silver Saber.............
 

Attachments

  • addon.webp
    addon.webp
    20.3 KB · Views: 1,656
The only Turtle detectors I ever saw were Silver Sabres modified and placed into waterproof boxes as Keppy says.

Think they were supposed to be the competition to the Whites Classic that Whites was placing in their Surfmaster P.I. box. at the time.
 
Keppy thanks for the info. I remember them now. At the time I wanted one.
 
U.K. Brian said:
The only Turtle detectors I ever saw were Silver Sabres modified and placed into waterproof boxes as Keppy says.

Think they were supposed to be the competition to the Whites Classic that Whites was placing in their Surfmaster P.I. box. at the time.
:icon_thumright:
 
Sandman said:
Keppy thanks for the info. I remember them now. At the time I wanted one.
:icon_thumright:
 
Hi Goverton
Just got back into detecting after 35 years. I have a Turtle detector.
Back in 1980 the Turtle was made by a couple guys in Indiana. They were a Whites dealers. I sometimes ran there booth at the boat and outdoor shows.
It still works well along with my old Whites units.
 
I have a silver turtle deluxe made by Tesoro Inc. and Turtle Corp. in Elkhart, IN. Worked nice until I pulled it out this year in Chicken, AK. (Jack Wade/Walker Fork area)...found out real quick that the seal between the upper and lower part of the coil has failed and leaks...Just got back, so I emailed Tesoro today and am waiting for a response.
 
I have a silver turtle deluxe made by Tesoro Inc. and Turtle Corp. in Elkhart, IN. Worked nice until I pulled it out this year in Chicken, AK. (Jack Wade/Walker Fork area)...found out real quick that the seal between the upper and lower part of the coil has failed and leaks...Just got back, so I emailed Tesoro today and am waiting for a response.

You will pry be waiting a long time Lester, Tesoro went out of business from what Iv read...
 
lifetime warrant.....oh wait

Spanish for bankrupt

chub
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom