What's new

Anyone here buy the lincoln LP2 sets from the mint? You might have scored BIG!

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2008
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
412
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
If you bought the mint set you might have picked up some nice DDR cents. Coin World just reported that DDRs are being found in some of the early issued mint rolls of the 2009-p "formative" lincoln cent. The coins came in a date stamped box and the DDR is in the boxes date stamped from 4/15 to 4/30 with a few from the first week of May. The doubling is on one of the hands and it seems to be getting called the "six fingered abe". There seems to be a run happening on these boxes.

Maine_Jim
 

Attachments

  • 2009P-1DR-002.webp
    2009P-1DR-002.webp
    4.4 KB · Views: 677
  • 2009-1c-FY-CDDR-002.webp
    2009-1c-FY-CDDR-002.webp
    34.7 KB · Views: 686
Upvote 0
I got 5 sets and sold 4 on ebay but kept one for myself, just checked and it is dated 4/21.........now do I open the rolls and search for the 6th finger or keep em sealed in mint rolls?
 
Goes4ever said:
I got 5 sets and sold 4 on ebay but kept one for myself, just checked and it is dated 4/21.........now do I open the rolls and search for the 6th finger or keep em sealed in mint rolls?

If it were me I would open them!! ( I just hate not knowing) But you might want to see what kind of premium they will bring in comparison to the value of your mint roll.
 
Goes4ever said:
I got 5 sets and sold 4 on ebay but kept one for myself, just checked and it is dated 4/21.........now do I open the rolls and search for the 6th finger or keep em sealed in mint rolls?

What Would Jesus Do?
 
Hmmm, there are jokes floating around in my head about giving presidents the finger....
 
Re: Anyone here buy the lincoln LP2 sets from the mint? You might have scored BI

I opened up one set - no luck. With all the people opening them I wonder how high the value of unopened sets will go! :headbang:

Maine_Jim
 
I am not gonna open mine, on ebay there are a ton of listings for this error already and they are not bringing much, some as low as 8-9 bucks, not worth it to me
 
Re: Anyone here buy the lincoln LP2 sets from the mint? You might have scored BI

Had to crack open another....scored a few. :icon_pirat:

Maine_Jim
 
I bought two sets (4rolls) and I haven't even open the boxes let alone the rolls. Guess I just have to wait.

fccdfed
 
you gonna list em on ebay? there are over 50 auctions for it already, not bringing too much
 
Re: Anyone here buy the lincoln LP2 sets from the mint? You might have scored BI

Not gonna sell yet - maybe if I need a little money then I'll list some. The early dated boxes are making some money and I still have a couple of those and the DDR coins are running from $10 - $75. I wonder what will happen when the the mint ships more of these from the back orders. Everything will change fast if the next round of orders also contain the DDR error coins. I think their values will go down fast so it is tempting to list a few... :coffee2:

Maine_Jim
 
Re: Anyone here buy the lincoln LP2 sets from the mint? You might have scored BI

Goes4ever said:
I am not gonna open mine, on ebay there are a ton of listings for this error already and they are not bringing much, some as low as 8-9 bucks, not worth it to me

Just sold an unopened box (2 roll mint set) for $22. Not a lot of money, but I didn't plan on striking it rich. Just wanted the sold rolls to pay for my rolls that I'm keeping. I have one more box that I'm selling. If it brings the same, then I'll be happy to have paid for my supply.
 
Diver_Down said:
Just sold an unopened box (2 roll mint set) for $22. Not a lot of money, but I didn't plan on striking it rich. Just wanted the sold rolls to pay for my rolls that I'm keeping. I have one more box that I'm selling. If it brings the same, then I'll be happy to have paid for my supply.
good plan that is what I did myself, I sold mine the day I got em and the lowest I sold for was $25.50, best was $30.75, but it covered the ones I kept plus I made about 40 bucks
 
Sold four on eBay, I still have 11 sets. I'm very tempted to crack one open....
 
Re: Anyone here buy the lincoln LP2 sets from the mint? You might have scored BI

Goes4ever said:
Diver_Down said:
Just sold an unopened box (2 roll mint set) for $22. Not a lot of money, but I didn't plan on striking it rich. Just wanted the sold rolls to pay for my rolls that I'm keeping. I have one more box that I'm selling. If it brings the same, then I'll be happy to have paid for my supply.
good plan that is what I did myself, I sold mine the day I got em and the lowest I sold for was $25.50, best was $30.75, but it covered the ones I kept plus I made about 40 bucks

Well, I finally cracked open one of my boxes and checked the Philly roll. On the end, is a "creepy, 6 finger" Abe staring at me from the end. The people that bought my boxes got a great deal seeing as though individual DDR's specimens are going for $8/coin. I'm cracking the other two boxes tomorrow.
 
Re: Anyone here buy the lincoln LP2 sets from the mint? You might have scored BI

People seem to be getting some nice cash for the unopened rolls with the ddr on the end :thumbsup: - Looks like you might do ok if you want to sell that one. I'm still holding some unopened ones. Haven't open them yet and think I'll hold off on selling selling the ones I already found. Add them to my stack I guess...

Maine_Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom