Anyone hunt central Texas

To make your self happier , think of clad as the way your saving up to buy that etrac. This way when you do hit somthing nice the excitment is even better.

pirate_3_color.jpg

there is plenty of old stuff there... check this out...

In 1851 a small community was formed on the banks of Brushy Creek, near a large round rock located in the middle of the creek. This round rock marked a convenient low-water crossing for wagons, horses and cattle. The first postmaster called the community Brushy Creek, but in 1854 the small settlement was renamed Round Rock in honor of this now famous rock. The "round rock" is located near Chisholm Trail Street in the middle of Brushy Creek. After the Civil War, Jesse Chisholm began to move cattle from South Texas through Round Rock, on the way to Abilene, Kansas. The route he established, which crossed Brushy Creek at the round rock became known as the Chisholm Trail. Most of the old buildings, including the old Saint Charles Hotel are still there today. This historic area is now called "Old Town."[6]

Downtown Round Rock is the site of the gunfight and subsequent capture (then death) of the nineteenth-century American train robber, Sam Bass, by the Texas Ranger Division on July 19, 1878. The event is known locally as the "Sam Bass Shootout." This shootout is recreated each year at the July 4 Frontier Days Celebration in Old Settlers Park. Bass is buried in Round Rock Cemetery, located northwest of "Old Town" on Sam Bass Road. His original headstone can be found on display at the Round Rock Public Library.[7]

Infamous con man Soapy Smith lived in Round Rock and claimed to have witnessed the Sam Bass shootout. It was in this city that Soapy started his criminal career.
[edit] Sports

I have hunted the parks in Pflugerville when I go down to visit my daughter. I found a pocket full of clad one day after some kind of carnival festival thing they had. I also found some silver and a few silver earrings in that same area, but nothing really old. There is an old mill there that now belongs to the local church I think. It was what got Pflugerville started as a town I am told. I think you would be able to get permission to hunt that area although I have never tried due to not having enough time. There are numerous old home places and deserted farms, etc that I have seen when just out driving around. Those would be tremendous sites to hunt. Let me know how you guys are doing and I might get with you next time I am down that way. Small world. Monty

I havent been able to get any detecting done since I moved to Austin over 6 moths ago. One place I have been meaning to hit up is the park by the river in Georgetown. I'm not sure how long its been a park or what was there before but I get a good vibe from the place. Let me know if you or anyone else in the area wants to get together for some friendly huntin!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back