What's new

Anyone in Bradford County PA?

Thebigd81

Full Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2019
Messages
205
Reaction score
784
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My old lady's parents bought a house in the Towanda/Wysox/Wyalusing area and I was wondering if anyone here is from and/or detects in the area. I plan on doing a lot of swinging in the area.
 
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-):cat::occasion14::headbang:
 
I don't live there but have detected along the Susquehanna and have found some Rev War stuff. Make sure you have permission and carry bear spray. That one guy with big tracts on the river prosecutes trespassers.
 
I don't live there but have detected along the Susquehanna and have found some Rev War stuff. Make sure you have permission and carry bear spray. That one guy with big tracts on the river prosecutes trespassers.

Nice! I figured there would be some old history along the river. Guy with big tracts? Where is this located so I can steer clear of him
 
North of Towanda for miles...west side of the river. If you are serious about old stuff, you should get the three book series "With Musket & Tomahawk". In part it chronicles General John Sullivan's campaign up the Susquehanna. Apparently they would fire into the woods at random with grapeshot to try to get any Indian riflemen watching them.
 
Last edited:
Welcome from Alabama! I'm from Lycoming county, born in Williamsport. Good luck on all your hunts!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom