Anyone in Colorado Springs?

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
No, not in Co. Springs, but you picked one heck of a nice place to retire. Congrats.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am out 1.5 hours drive east in La Junta and make it out to Springs (and farther) a few times a year to metal detect and prospect. Send me a message and perhaps we can meet up sometime soon for a day out. :occasion14:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a really wonderful area in my estimation ! With Pike' Peak right there , The Numismatic Museum (Money Museum ) is
perhaps only bested by the Smithsonian Institute's collection ! ( In terms of unique pattern U.S. Coins it may be the best !!)
This is a Must See ! The Broadmoor Hotel is an amazing place to go hang for an adult beverage . You have the Air Force Academy ,
and Fort Carson up there , an Olympic training facility there . The economy is humming in Co .Springs . I know I sound like I work for
the Chamber of Commerce in Colorado Springs ! Good Move !

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Summit County and don't come down out of the mountains to the flatlands where you're at very often so no help on my part. However, you should hook up with TheHunterGT. And hell with the mountains head out to where he's at. Great amount of history out there, including Spanish explorers along the Purgatoire River. (Inspiring story there, look it up!)

augusthog

Aug 8, 2010
Colorado
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter big bud pro
I live in Fountain and work at Ft. Carson. My days are pretty filled up, but maybe on the weekends. I've done a buttload of research on some of the surrounding areas (Eden train wreck, Jimmy Camp Creek, Old city dump/Academy and Fountain, Cripple Creek and Victor area, ect) Getting permission is the hard part in most places, but I'm game! Been hitting lots of "tot lots" around, keeping me happy. If you have questions about some hot spots, let me know.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Summit County and don't come down out of the mountains to the flatlands where you're at very often so no help on my part. However, you should hook up with TheHunterGT. And hell with the mountains head out to where he's at. Great amount of history out there, including Spanish explorers along the Purgatoire River. (Inspiring story there, look it up!)

For sure. If you (or anybody) are ever out this way we can hit up some cool spots near the Santa Fe trail and a couple old fur trading posts and forts. Cannot detect them but in the places "near" them. I've heard of the treasure story saying Spanish explorers stashed a few mule loads of gold by a rock formation that looks like a doll or some such outside of Las Animas, CO

Everytime I read it it says it is NorthEast of Las Animas near the Spanish Peaks. Yet the Spanish Peaks are roughly 130-140 miles to the SouthWest. That whole stretch is nothing but terribly barren and dry Commanche Grasslands...I wish anybody searching the best of luck. Rattlesnakes and wasps and 100 degree weather is not my cup of tea.

CarlMerfert

Tenderfoot
Nov 12, 2015
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello I live on roundtop dr. In Colorado Springs . Let link up sometime and go MD. Have you had any luck? I found a lot of stuff in Germany . Well let me know ok.. Later

tokameel

May 20, 2012
Mequon, Wi
Detector(s) used
In 1974- White.
Now a Garrett Ace 250.
8/30/12 using a Zircon m40 Stud Finder as a hand held pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to T-Net, CarlMerfert. Isn't the American Numismatic (coin) Museum in your town?

Great stuff on display there.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I flew over it today- Now I'm in Grand Junction. If I get back that way, I'll give a shout.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread