anyone in CT ?

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
I'm not far from you,I'm in the northern tip of New Milford. I have been detecting a couple of times a week it's been so warm. I have been detecting since 1967. Joe

Attachments

• Joe(USA)Banner[1].jpg
    Joe(USA)Banner[1].jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 1,091
  • Joe(USA)Banner[1].jpg
    Joe(USA)Banner[1].jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 1,080

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
I am In Windsor Locks. We have a club that meets in East Hartford on the second Tuesday of the month. Come on over and check us out. 8)

archmjr

Jan 24, 2005
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1270X/Whites 6000 & 5900 Di Pro SL/CZ-6a
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am in New Britain.

I found a dateless 1700's large cent in a park. I will be looking for some folks to hunt with next spring. I have some ideas and did some good research.

Arch

B

buddyl

I'm out here on the shore in deep river.Im about to buy my first detector a white, dfx or mxt any comments on either?I want to look for coins mostly.Also is there any hot spots other than the beaches?

archmjr

Jan 24, 2005
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tony & Leadfoot...where are you at. I would go to a East Hartford meeting. Help me out.

archmjr

Jan 24, 2005
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I may be around. I want a couple of treasure buddies to hang out with on some good hunts. I am a experienced coin hunting and have been relic hunting for a long time. I am good at research since it is what I have done for a living.

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
Give me a call and I can give you more detail. We meet the second teusday of each month at the East Hartford public libray. We have a beach hunt coming up on Feb 11th for club members. You can come to my shop and join up or join up there. There are a lot of people from this area to hook up with.
Just went out Sunday with three other members and got a 1859 Indian head.
So as I sadi , gibe me a call
TonyinCT
860-623-1153
WWW.TCMETALDETECTORS.COM

R

rockbreaker

Yes, just started with detector. In the westbrook area. Also a rockhound. ;D

BOXING63

Jan 7, 2007
PIRATE ,CT
Detector(s) used
Excalibur ll, Sovereign GT / New England Detectors USA
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My friend and i are looking for someone in ct to go detecting i'm from Bridgeport Ct just looking for some hot spots thank you

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
Our next club meeting is Tuesday May 8th at 6:30 PM if anyone is interested in going.I can give directions if anyone wants them.

annie11

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2007
Central Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Loaner for now. Ace 250 Soon!
Hi Everyone!

Just a quick introduction - my name is Annie and I am from CT (central CT) and have just recently discovered this great site!

I am an avid sea glass hunter and have recently become interested in expanding my hunting. When I was a kid - I had a metal detector and used it at Rocky Neck State Park - but normally found a few coins and lots of pull tabs/caps. ::)

I just ordered my Ace 250 and will be venturing out over the next few weeks. I will post my finds (if any) for everyone to view :)

I am sure I will soon have another wonderful collection of coins, soda cans and the like :D

Looking forward to talking to everyone soon - LOVE looking at the boards - some fantastic stuff!!!

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
jmatteau

Welcome to the hobby! Lots of goodies to find here in CT.
Contact Tony 860-623-1153
www.tcmetaldetectors.com He is an honest dealer and can hook you up with lots of contacts and info about detecting out your way.

Joe
Snow's Metal Detectors

solaryellow

Aug 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
Smart Tracker XR8 gift from dad as a kid, 1983?
Garrett Master Hunter CX/12" high energy hothead. R.I.P (1991-2013)
Was wondering if anyone has hunted Putnam Park in Redding within the last few years?

I hunted there for 10 years on a regular basis (90's) before it became a funded state park.

Besides the treasure trove of musket balls and the few uniform buttons, I found hundreds of silver coins.

The balls were fairly deep, some under roots at the base of some trees, and in the area of the old chimneys.
The buttons looked authentic too.

The best coins I found there were a few indian heads 1898? and 190? real hard to read them.
I have a barber dime that was 1898 too.
again hard to read it.

I have a 1927 walking liberty, and too many Mercury dimes to list.

I also found a Hoover/Curtis campaign pin. small elephant which I still have.

I ask if anyone still hunts it, because many years ago, Daniel Cruson, the Redding high science teacher had conducted an archeological dig in the area, when I just happen to be scouting my next location,
I mentioned that I had some relics I had been holding onto for a long time, and because he belonged to the historical society in Redding, I figured I would donate the finds, which I did, not sure if their on display anywhere, I never checked.
There was park personnel there for the first time, due to the new funding, and remodel of the park, and he informed me that metal detecting is no longer allowed.
Kind of sad, because I liked my finds, and had no problem donating them, I figured others should be able to enjoy them too, but I wasn't sure if maybe there is no rule, and I am still allowed there.

I followed the strict code of leave no trace.
You never knew I was there...

Well anyway,
I need to get back out again.

Oh ironically at Kent falls, I found a musketball that was .75 in diameter. no action or campouts up there??
Too bad I can't find this in my collection anymore.

I had a few local places I used to frequent and will be returning, but had to let the local officials cool down a bit, because potters went in there and ruined it a long while back.

And hopefully I can get a new detector, but my Garret Master hunter CX 12" hothead has been good to me all these years.

Any clubs in the area?
Any planned permitted hunts on private property?

Thanks..

Dennis
New Milford CT.

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
solaryellow

Dennis,
I'm in New Milford also. Send me a PM and we can talk about the metal detecting club. Joe

JasonL2972

May 8, 2005
sterling CT
I'm here in CT. on the Rhode Island line in Sterling.I haven't posted on here in almost 2 years but i'm back on all the time now and have been getting out hunting as much as i can.Still learning after all the years i been md'ing but i have found a lot of things over the years.Anyone ever looking for a partner can shoot me an e-mail anytime.
Jay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread