What's new

Anyone know about marbles?

jtw1313

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
2,099
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of these are pretty neat looking
 

Attachments

  • 2A5618E4-5811-4595-BFFF-9932817F121B.webp
    2A5618E4-5811-4595-BFFF-9932817F121B.webp
    277.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 7C6A0EFD-2671-42BC-AD78-CBB39E854077.webp
    7C6A0EFD-2671-42BC-AD78-CBB39E854077.webp
    210.8 KB · Views: 80
  • D51CE0EB-0033-4D8A-9886-B2DA3C168CBA.webp
    D51CE0EB-0033-4D8A-9886-B2DA3C168CBA.webp
    195.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 5C72776B-76B5-40A8-AD86-C4E31F2F5972.webp
    5C72776B-76B5-40A8-AD86-C4E31F2F5972.webp
    213.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 48DD4C3E-E079-4FE6-8739-CB08EFC8C74E.webp
    48DD4C3E-E079-4FE6-8739-CB08EFC8C74E.webp
    169.7 KB · Views: 84
There’s a guy in the marble section that knows more than I ever thought you could know, I’d try there
 
Upvote 0
Just reposted there had know idea tnet had that forum
 
Upvote 0
That's a very nice group. The one clay marble I think I spotted is probably the oldest. The ones with clear glass and internal swirls from what I remember cost more. There are some nice books on marbles available, I'd try getting one but for now, you could look on Ebay for vintage or antique marble and see what kind of matches you can come up with.
 
Upvote 0
Three of them look like clay marbles and a few look like ones I've found in a old dump area, that I think was used from the 1910s to the 1960s, so it might be some kids collection of old and new marbles. When I was a kid it still seemed a somewhat popular thing to have a bunch of marbles in a cigar box, with a goal of the more boxes of marbles you had, the better your collection. I remember I might of had a half a box full, but lost interest to baseball bubble gum cards and the old fashion money that was still found in circulation in the mid 1960s. Boy was it ever simple to stimulate a kid back then.
 
Upvote 0
I'm told daily that I've lost mine :tongue3:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom