What's new

Anyone know Japanese swords

jtw1313

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
2,099
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone translate the writing or help with age or information
 

Attachments

  • CDB8B47C-8711-4386-83D5-0F0011E5919A.webp
    CDB8B47C-8711-4386-83D5-0F0011E5919A.webp
    651.3 KB · Views: 85
  • 9E2ABB2D-7EEE-4AFE-801D-5859367B7B32.webp
    9E2ABB2D-7EEE-4AFE-801D-5859367B7B32.webp
    582.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 0EBB4C02-AA35-4047-8126-769B54C7E6B2.webp
    0EBB4C02-AA35-4047-8126-769B54C7E6B2.webp
    694.9 KB · Views: 74
  • F710819F-E3E4-4916-A317-2CF2B3B15666.webp
    F710819F-E3E4-4916-A317-2CF2B3B15666.webp
    643.4 KB · Views: 80
i do know that a mark on the blade is odd. Usually any makers mark in on the tang portion under the handle. Who made it has everything to do with the value of these katanas.
 
Upvote 0
I know enough to say yours is a tourist piece. Maybe old(ish) but likely not older than me.

I'm not 100% sure but the kanji characters look faked.

I do know that the inscriptions are never cast into the blade, they are etched into the finished sword. And the 'sharpening marks' on this one are faked as well.

That said, it would still be fun to cut watermelons and cantaloupes with it.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom