Hill Billy Bronze Member Joined Jun 3, 2007 Messages 1,769 Reaction score 76 Golden Thread 0 Detector(s) used Whites XLT Primary Interest: Other Mar 25, 2010 #1 Dug yesterday and haven't seen this backmark before. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks HB Attachments button 006.webp 66.1 KB · Views: 203
S searcherman Jr. Member Joined Feb 12, 2010 Messages 73 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Location Kentucky Detector(s) used Garrett Gti 2500, Fisher F75 LTD Black Mar 25, 2010 #2 Mine looks similar found it last fall. Has fine Quality back mark and a eagle or bird at the top. Sorry I don't know. Nice button Attachments DSC00312.webp 45 KB · Views: 184 Upvote 0
Mine looks similar found it last fall. Has fine Quality back mark and a eagle or bird at the top. Sorry I don't know. Nice button
DCMatt Gold Member Joined Oct 12, 2006 Messages 10,485 Reaction score 13,791 Golden Thread 0 Location Herndon Virginia Detector(s) used Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Mar 25, 2010 #3 I have also dug a few civilian flat buttons with an eagle on the back. DCMatt Upvote 0
Hill Billy Bronze Member Joined Jun 3, 2007 Messages 1,769 Reaction score 76 Golden Thread 0 Detector(s) used Whites XLT Primary Interest: Other Mar 25, 2010 Thread Owner #4 This button says nothing at all on it, just 7 stars and a bird of some sort. First I've ever found like it. was curious of it's origin and age. Thanks for your replies, maybe someone can identify it. HB Upvote 0
This button says nothing at all on it, just 7 stars and a bird of some sort. First I've ever found like it. was curious of it's origin and age. Thanks for your replies, maybe someone can identify it. HB
BuckleBoy Platinum Member Joined Jun 12, 2006 Messages 18,159 Reaction score 9,723 Golden Thread 4 Location Moonlight and Magnolias 🥇 Banner finds 4 Detector(s) used Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 25, 2010 #5 Early 1800s British origin. They put eagles on them to play off Americans' patriotism and sell more buttons. At least that's the story I heard. It seems that America couldn't meet its button needs in terms of production for some time. By the way, HB--check the box plate post. I posted photos of the type of bag your strap end came from. That is a Great find. 8) -Buck Upvote 0
Early 1800s British origin. They put eagles on them to play off Americans' patriotism and sell more buttons. At least that's the story I heard. It seems that America couldn't meet its button needs in terms of production for some time. By the way, HB--check the box plate post. I posted photos of the type of bag your strap end came from. That is a Great find. 8) -Buck