Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this buckle last week at my button site. There are three different areas of finds at this particular site....one from the WWI....one from Civil War and then one from the Indian War...all within sight of each other on about 100 acres with lots of farm stuff mixed in. This buckle was found not far from where I found the Indian War button and next to it was a part of a pocket knife that fell all to pieces when I dug it up. I really don't think it's nearly as old as the button, but hey...I dunno, so that's why I'm asking. Is it old/new/military and need to add it to my military collection OR do I need to just put it in my jar of neat stuff? ;D

There is a design on it. It's difficult to see, but it looks like a rope going around in circles from the edge to about mid-way in. When I went to clean it, one of the little tabs (bottom right second picture) and the pin that goes between them fell off. :-\

100_8232.jpg

100_8234.jpg

100_8233.jpg

Thanks so much ya'll!!! :) Nana

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Hi Nana :) I think you have part of a suspender clasp...

a109[1].jpg

Like the cover over the clasp itself... I dunno.

I do not think it's military... IMO. No clue as to era.

Upvote 0

SomeGuy

Jun 26, 2005
It is the front half of a web-type belt buckle, in common use for a long time both in and out of the military. The design, however, makes it more specific. Yours seems a little small, so perhaps it is from a child's belt.

If I wanted to research the military possibilities, one of the places I would look would be Army Rangers, as they do a lot of mountain climbing.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 307
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 304
Upvote 0

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Someguy beat me too it. I think it is part of a web belt too. There appears to be some letters at the center of all the ovals. Maybe a rubbing would make it easier to identify. Just a thought. Hope it helps.

Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
yep web belt --the tabs and in the middle "sliding bar" type piece give it away --the bars "pushed" on the belt holding it tight--and in place---I know for a fact the web belt were around in WW# most likely WW!---it coild be even earlier ---my "personal" guess is WW1 or WW2 era--- they still sell em at the modern day military px stores by the way---Ivan

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest: