What's new

Anyone know what this is?

Doubting Didymus

Tenderfoot
Joined
Mar 9, 2021
Messages
3
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this near a known shipwreck, does Anyone know what this is?

I found this on the beach near know shipwreck.
I have no clue what it is or if I should throw it away.
 

Attachments

  • rusted find.webp
    rusted find.webp
    1.8 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Cool. How long are we looking at?
 
Upvote 0
Here is another picture. between 26" to 28"
I guess is a mooring ring. I found it in an area that there has never been a place for a mooring to be onshore. it must have come from a ship. The place i found it is a hot spot for treasure hunters to look after hurricanes.


IMG_2078.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I found this on the beach near know shipwreck.
I have no clue what it is or if I should throw it away.
I think what you have is the Wheel to the cart similar in this Photo. That i circled. Tell me If im wrong or correct? This cart is on the Beach. maybe shipwreck related.Screenshot_20210309-203529~3.webp
 
Upvote 0
Yes, that could be..
The ring used to swivel but is now rusted into a fixed position.
This is so rusted I can peel it apart.
It's really heavy or at least used to be. It's either soft metal or really old.
Thanks for your reply.
 
Upvote 0
I too have one of those, found on a PNW beach.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom