What's new

Anyone know what type of tooth this is?

history preserved

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2017
Messages
79
Reaction score
315
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499691264.384700.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499691264.384700.webp.

I found this at the river with a sifter, and I don't know what type of tooth it is. It is serrated on both sides, and really black. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
 
Isn't it a Claw Shark?
 
Sand or goblin with broken gum line?
 
it is not a Sand or Goblin as neither had serrated teeth.

Can you post more photos from different angles? close up of the serrations?

So far my guess is either a broken patho lower Hemi tooth or possibly a piece of fossil stingray barb but if that were true it would have to be the very base of the barb.
 
Ok I'll post more pics
 
Catfish Spine?
 
Agree with Ninjafossils. Broken catfish spine.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom