What's new

Anyone MD in or around Smith Mountain Lake

ikayak2

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jun 8, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Hello, has anyone done any MD in or around Smith Mountain Lake? I understand the SML State Park is off limits. What about the rest of the lake?

Thanks in advance

Charlie
 
;D Wife & I lived in "old" Moneta", a few years back" (2006-07); MOST "land" surrounding SML is privately owned, on all "private sides" of da lake. Go to Bedford County Library in Moneta and "research" CAPT. STAUNTON'S RIVER, BEDFORD VILLAGES: LOST & FOUND (THREE Volumes), and some other "histories", FIRST. I found SOME "relics"; BUT! The history, (colonial, civil war, beale treasure, csa treasury) is FACINATING! I HAVE found "signs" on rocks & trees up & down Rt. 122, from SML; to Peaks of Otter on Rt. 43. Plan to spend ALL summer doing it, tho... :icon_thumleft: :wink:
 
When the water is down I've found TONS of indian artifacts below the damn. When it's down it's about 3 feet. When it's up...tough luck.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom