Anyone please

elkboy

Jan 29, 2004
Muncie, IND
Detector(s) used
whites XLT Spectrum
Found this today at an old homestead at first I thought it was an old salt shaker but the there is no place to refill it. It is all one piece made of brass or copper. It also looks like a minature lamp post.. but the wholes in it have me stumped. any info would be appreciated. One other thing there are 4 sets of four holes on each side, not all equal apart or same pattern. hope pictures help any help? Thanks & HH dave

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
I would be interested to know if it is threaded together or brazed. If threaded I would say an inscence holder. Good luck! Chris

Upvote 0

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm betting it is an incense holder, even if not threaded. Have you tried cleaning it? It might have a removable lid that is just friction fit.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
elkboy

elkboy

Jan 29, 2004
Muncie, IND
Detector(s) used
whites XLT Spectrum
no way to remove anything it's one piece cast. Thanks for the input guys. HH Dave

Upvote 0
OP
OP
elkboy

elkboy

Jan 29, 2004
Muncie, IND
Detector(s) used
whites XLT Spectrum
I'm reposting this hoping that any new members may be able to ID this.. Thanks HH Dave

Upvote 0

ghost surf

Dec 11, 2004
Reminds me of somenthing that can be used to smoke with!You know the 60-70s times? ;D Now we need some good oldies rocking(The song Hair!) in the back round and someone walking up to you with a freindly piece sign and saying Groovy Man!
Long beautiful hair....Shineing ......gleaming..... streaking.....Oh Oh Oh...... HAIR!!!! ;D ::) Yep! I am on drugs!

JUST KIDDING!!! :D

Upvote 0

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
ghost surf said:
Reminds me of somenthing that can be used to smoke with!You know the 60-70s times? ;D Now we need some good oldies rocking(The song Hair!) in the back round and someone walking up to you with a freindly piece sign and saying Groovy Man!
Long beautiful hair....Shineing ......gleaming..... streaking.....Oh Oh Oh...... HAIR!!!! ;D ::) Yep! I am on drugs!

So you think it's a chillum, eh?

Upvote 0

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do the holes go through the object?If so I would also say ,it's an incense holder for stick incense,maybe the ash catcher or base is gone or lost from the holder.If not I dunno,that thing looks familiar though,I read this when you 1st. posted it- still hasn't hit me yet :-\ good luck and H.H.-diggummup

Upvote 0

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
It's a holy water sprinkler! they were dunked into the holy water and used to dispel evil by sprinkling water on it, not unlike Dorthy to the wicked witch! 8)

Upvote 0

ghost surf

Dec 11, 2004
Chisum was a good movie!Ya ho! with John Wayne..I STILL LIKE THE SMOKE- SMOKE- SMOKE THAT CIGARET AND Give me a head of hair song!Groovy Man! ;D
No ! Even though you don't get headaces.....I don't do the chillum -out- u -thing! With out saying anything!!!that was in a younger time! :o? ::) and Hay is for horses!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread