✅ SOLVED Anyone recognize this crest?

Kapidr

Mar 17, 2014
By the sea
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I believe the first word on the left is STRONG - I can't make out the other two words. Anyone recognize what this crest is from and maybe know what it says? It's from a 1957 ring.

1957.jpg
1957 part 2.jpg

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're going to have to start researching " Heraldry " and unless you luck out, you got some digging to do. Everything on that crest means something and it's read like a road sign, only you gotta know the language. Good Luck!

Upvote 0

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does it have a date on either side? I might be wrong, (usually am) but I think most class rings have the date on one side. Also, is there anything stamped on the inside of the ring?

Upvote 0

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Checking out that school their emblem appears to be a silhouette of that General. View attachment 1309749 this is the only book I have on heraldry, I can't find yours in it, but this one book is only a drop in the bucket.

Upvote 0

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
I still feel pretty sure Bramblefind is correct, mostly based on the words around the shield being Strong Vincent High School. 19 and 57 (1957) on the sides of the red portion shown in first photo.

Upvote 0

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Some history: Strong Vincent High School is named after Brigadier General Strong Vincent who is best known for his courageous efforts in the Battle of Gettysburg where he suffered a fatal wound in his defense of Little Round Top. On October 24, 1930 the formal dedication of the school was held and the Vincent Family Crest became the school's Coat of Arms and family motto, Virtute non viribus Vincent (by courage, not by force of arms, we conquer).
Don....

Upvote 0

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you're satisfied with that, mark it solved, but it only slightly resembles it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still feel pretty sure Bramblefind is correct, mostly based on the words around the shield being Strong Vincent High School. 19 and 57 (1957) on the sides of the red portion shown in first photo.

I didn't even see the date when I posted my reply! So much for my powers of observation!

Upvote 0

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kapidr only said the first word MAY be strong, he said nothing about Vincent high school. He posted this 2 days ago and vanished.

Upvote 0

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been researching heraldry and have not found a match, there are however a bunch of companies out there who will do you up a coat of arms for your family name, you can get shields, rings, tapestries, "official " scrolls, etc. seems to be a bunch of baloney. The ring in post appears to be pretty crappy, I think if it were anything good it would be marked inside with Jostens or something like that.

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kapidr only said the first word MAY be strong, he said nothing about Vincent high school. He posted this 2 days ago and vanished.
Well, he's a she, so............:laughing7:

Upvote 0

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks very much like the high school crest. but the words dont match exactly

Last edited:
Upvote 0