Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Goose Lake concert, Grass Lake, Mich. Aug 7, 8, and 9, 1970. I was only 7 years old, so I don't remember....70,000 tickets sold, perhaps 200,000 in attendance. Rocknroll bands like Mountain, Jethro Tull, James Gang, and Michigan bands - Bob Seger, Mitch Ryder, Brownsville Station....I think there were 23-25 bands there, a couple fresh from Woodstock, the year before.
I visited friends camping there again last year, this place is huge and acres and acres of rolling land, the stage setup, light towers, and small rundown buildings are still there from 1970.
This area is seperate from the campgrounds, just wonder if anyone has ever been there or has detected that area. ffd

OP
OP
fistfulladirt

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Spooky said:
Now, now, now..

WHY, would you want to DETECT there?

Everybody KNOWS dirty hippies didn't have any MONEY.

:laughing7:

Of course, NOW, they have leveraged their way into positions of authority, but THEN......no, BREAD, man..

on a serious note:
Still bet you could pull a LOT of silver there...
Far out man....... I can DIG it!

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey man we all had money back then. If you didn't have money you could not score...

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
yes. was about 3 mi from it as the crow flys. layed in bed and sat in yard and listened. all day all night. didn't need the radio on. read the book "From Spirit Lake To Goose Lake". Was a large Indian Village there also. goldie

Cheeserock

Jul 23, 2009
Central Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett AT-Pro Whites Classic SL-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was too young for that but I made it to Gordons Creek and Silver Valley in the mid 70's. Wild times.

OP
OP
fistfulladirt

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I read that this was largest gathering of peoples next to woodstock, it was downplayed due to all the negative publicity and blatant drug use. ffd

Tomas Frijole

Jan 6, 2009
west branch
Detector(s) used
ace
I was 17 on the entrance ramp to I-75 to to hitch a ride there when my dad found out and came and got me, made me get in his car and go home! My friends said it was great. Don't forget Teagarden and VanWinkle the 2 piece keyboard and drums band!

robo

Aug 21, 2006
Wyandotte, MI.
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Minelab 705, Tesoro Vaquero, And my Favorite, CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Other
I Deer hunted for years right next to that property. I do beleive it is called "Greenwood Acres" now. It is a campground with many many lots.

OP
OP
fistfulladirt

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
robo said:
I Deer hunted for years right next to that property. I do beleive it is called "Greenwood Acres" now. It is a campground with many many lots.
You are right Robo, I mentioned the campground in my first post. Just wondering if anyone has detected the property. ffd

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions