What's new

Anyone seeing erosion

Oh yeah! Not on all beaches but you'll see some tomorrow for sure. Check your marine forecast for tonight's wave height.
Last cut I saw was 4'
 
Most of my popular area beaches are wider, flatter, dunes set further back, won't even be able to safely see or access the mid & lower beach in most areas until after these swells start to settle back down. There was so much sand on these beaches prior to this blow that it's going to take at least a couple of feet of sand being removed to do much good in these areas, though there should be a lot of lighter targets, like coins, scattered about. Those narrower, steeper beaches that take more of a direct pounding should see some better cuts/erosion then what we typically experience here so I would think the treasure coast will see a lot of new features developing.
 
The same look at majority of locations I walked yesterday, seemed like there was another 20 ft from renourishment to swash, seems like all the east/west wave action over the past week has taking the dry sand past the high tide and pit it below the low tide. I'll take a few photos today and post what I see. I usually am in between waveland south to sainta Lucia
 
Oh yeah that's right! (In response to the other posts) yeah um it's gonna be really bad here. Try another place like North Carolina! Ah they're finding gold coins there by the thousands per day in the Carolina's! Lol! JK! Good luck!
Gonna rent a bobcat and speed things up a little!
 
Im working on a prototype. Worlds first GOLD magnet. Yarrrrrrr
 
Oh yeah that's right! (In response to the other posts) yeah um it's gonna be really bad here. Try another place like North Carolina! Ah they're finding gold coins there by the thousands per day in the Carolina's! Lol! JK! Good luck!
Gonna rent a bobcat and speed things up a little!

Too bad we can't run all that sand through a huge shaker-screen and see what's left. :laughing7:
 
Not much erosion in Daytona today. Did find a good coin line and followed it about 400 yards. Lots of corroded coins and the end of a bracelet!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom