Anyone tried night hunting with the Deus yet?

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not yet. I'm usually done just before dusk!

Once the weather cooperates a bit more I'm sure I'll get out more at night. I like it cooler!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As hot as it has been,I've only been getting in a short hunt at daylight,before the temps soar during the day. Since the Deus has a back lit display,I was wondering if any of you had ever tried night hunting with it?:dontknow:

I was thinking on a night hunt, its just most places I go r either local town or private prop not quite sure how well that will go

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gone Hunting does it with a LED light band. Sometimes in this sorta heat ya gotta do what ya gotta do to get your silver fix in! lol

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah,I'm about to go there!:laughing7: This heat is nuts!:angry1:

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love night hunting on the beach. A lot less people, (especially kids!) Water always seems calmer (OK, this maybe my imagination!) Less people & calmer water = better hunting. IMO

I have an attachment that I can change from machine to machine in very little time. I think it was originally made to attach a Maglight to a rifle barrel. I attach a LED small flashlight (Maglight) to my rod between the arm cuff and the handle. Turn it on shining on the coil, and off I go!

Everyone who sees my set up wants to copy it. LOL

This is the new one I am using now.

Mount_GP_GP025_lg.jpg

Last edited:

Mohave Sam

Greenie
Jul 31, 2013
Fort Mohave AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Guys, Don't have your detector I have Garrett 2500 and I do detect with it at night. The backlights work well except they do put a drain on yer battery. I detect until I hit a good sound and then turn it on long enough to get info I need. I use a small headlamp and Garrett Pin Pointer which comes in handy because it has a small led that lights up when on and you can use it to find stuff a little bit more discreetly. I used to detect all the time at night in the 80s but times have changed. Might check with your local constables and make sure they know your gonna be out there. It might save a lot of hassel from them driving by and seeing you. Also if you go to parks a lot of them have hours they close and open. Although I still detect at night I conceal carry and always try to be aware of my surroundings. We are vulnerable with headphones on especially at night if you are using a lite. That's one reason I like to use the Pin Pointer. Even small towns have problem people sometimes. Oh yeah and to you who say its hot it was a 115 today and at 10 PM its still a 100. Sam

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Guys, Don't have your detector I have Garrett 2500 and I do detect with it at night. The backlights work well except they do put a drain on yer battery. I detect until I hit a good sound and then turn it on long enough to get info I need. I use a small headlamp and Garrett Pin Pointer which comes in handy because it has a small led that lights up when on and you can use it to find stuff a little bit more discreetly. I used to detect all the time at night in the 80s but times have changed. Might check with your local constables and make sure they know your gonna be out there. It might save a lot of hassel from them driving by and seeing you. Also if you go to parks a lot of them have hours they close and open. Although I still detect at night I conceal carry and always try to be aware of my surroundings. We are vulnerable with headphones on especially at night if you are using a lite. That's one reason I like to use the Pin Pointer. Even small towns have problem people sometimes. Oh yeah and to you who say its hot it was a 115 today and at 10 PM its still a 100. Sam

Have you ever tried the DetectorPro Rattlers? they are made for that very reason. (Actually, so people/bears/etc don't sneak up on you.)

I apologize. I didn't mean for this to sound like a commercial.

Last edited:

Mohave Sam

Greenie
Jul 31, 2013
Fort Mohave AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like good headphones. Oh I mean headphone. Excellent idea wish I had invented them.

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used the Deus last night in the neighbors yard. I used my little head band light,and had the Deus back lit screen on,with the speaker. Worked great! No Head phones!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread