Anyone up for an intellectual exercise in cach burying?

stoneshirt

May 3, 2003
Santa Marta de Magdalena,Colombia
I wish. In reality, this thread has changed my whole perspective. Given the twists and turns of this thread, now I don't think I would bury cash for any longer than a year before I converted it. And the time it was buried would only be to keep it safe while I figured out the best way to proceed. Also, I don't think I would bury precious metals, jewels or artifacts, either. Every cache that is found means someone didn't make it back to enjoy their own wealth. It would suck to be one of those people. These days, whether you are awaiting the zombie apocalypse, civil war, revolution or any other kind of civil unrest it seems the things to be buried are guns, ammunition, food, medical supplies, etc.--the things you need to defend your property and family, and the things people will be coming after so they can do the same. I'm not a prepper, but those companies that specialize in selling dehydrated food that lasts for 20 years are looking more interesting all the time. There is no need to bury food now, but if any of the unrest comes around, the government will certainly crack down on hoarders so they can collect the food and medical stores to be rationed out at their discretion. Well, that and save the best stuff for themselves. In the meantime, I think real estate in the form of rural land would be the best place to put the proceeds of any lucky find that comes into your possession. I would only be confiscated if the powers that be had an immediate use for it, and it could be put to work for you in so many ways. Now if I can only find a steam powered generator for when the fuel supplies disappear...
Spam and Twinkies.they"ll' be there,when your ready for them.(and McDonalds Hamburgers)

OP
OP
MiddenMonster

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
You forgot Rum....

How can you forget Rum ?
As a kid I read Blackbeard's Ghost and remember well the part where Blackbeard stomped around his old haunt and found a bottle of rum under the porch. I imagine it aged well, considering the way he put it down. So he certainly didn't forget rum!

Reactions: ARC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread