What's new

Will the Real Treasure Hunter Please Stand Up???

FWIW, there's a new Treasure Hunting show on the History channel called "The Death Coast" that comes on after The Curse of Oak Island. They're searching for sunken treasure in Nova Scotia and have a 6-week window of time to search 5 shipwrecks. They're scuba diving these locations and using metal detectors. So far, I've seen a JD Fisher PI and Minelab Excalibur being used.
 
Maybe you should take it as a compliment... instead of getting butt-hurt, recoiling at my response, and trying to be passive-aggressive.

If it was your actual response, I just normally expect one that's a little more concise and less drawn-out (not saying much of the same thing over & over). But anyway, hope I've lived up to whatever response you were apparently expecting... on an online forum... lol

Bran <><
Yes sir...I think possibly you took a post that was meant for all, as a personal attack and misunderstood its true intentions...it was generalized and carefully worded by me as a genuine and sincere response....I had no malice toward anyone reading it ?? Sorry you took it personal. The point is, you asked the real treasure hunter to stand up ?? I mearly implied not everyone is a treasurehunter, and some are metal detectorist....and being realistic with one's self about just where you fall into this range will help you to get more out of the hobby ? Maybe rewriting it this way will help you understand more clearly that there was nothing belittling, or insulting, or degrading at all ?? The only insult is you accusing my response of being AI generated and disgusting to you, as if I directed the comment at you ! You made an assumption sir....and i won't be belittled either !! Hope you can see that you were mistaken, and would at least have the respect to apologize for your false statements....everything i write is genuine and real sir !!

Further more, I applaud your dedication and participation in the hobby....I believe through memory, ....not sure, but i think I had many good things to say on your thread about your 2 reale....I don't know you personally, but I have been supportive of you in the past.

Now carry on and continue i have nothing more to contribute, and will politely bow out !! Good day sir !!
 
No Insults Bart.

How many treasure troves have been found using just a metal detector, many.
Yup...I know about insults, sorry !! And yes I have found caches with machines, and my twin optical scanners also !!
 
Y'all got to remember that "treasure" is not defined by a dollar $$ sign, but by the value we assign to that which we've found.

My wife has a seashell she picked up off the beach while we were on our honeymoon, and she wouldn't trade it for all the gold and shekels in Israel. It's just a seashell, but to her the memories attached to it are priceless.

All my life I've been a hunter of both the animate and inanimate. Found plenty of both, but the real treasure to me are the people I've met and the friendships I gained along the way.

It truly is all about the journey.
respect-062.gif
 
Last edited:
I'm a real treasure hunter. Just not a real treasure finder!!!! 8-)
Same! Well, I've found some very cool things over the years... so I do find stuff, just no treasure chests thus far 😂

Bran <><
 
Im a treasure locator, that couldn't retrieve
Just keep on trying! You can find what you don't look for, my friend... 🙏🏽👍🏽

Bran <><
 
FWIW, there's a new Treasure Hunting show on the History channel called "The Death Coast" that comes on after The Curse of Oak Island. They're searching for sunken treasure in Nova Scotia and have a 6-week window of time to search 5 shipwrecks. They're scuba diving these locations and using metal detectors. So far, I've seen a JD Fisher PI and Minelab Excalibur being used.
That's pretty awesome! I'll have to check it out. I'm sure there will be other machines coming into the market that will also be used for future explorations in our hobby... 😉

Bran <><
 
Yes sir...I think possibly you took a post that was meant for all, as a personal attack and misunderstood its true intentions...it was generalized and carefully worded by me as a genuine and sincere response....I had no malice toward anyone reading it ?? Sorry you took it personal. The point is, you asked the real treasure hunter to stand up ?? I mearly implied not everyone is a treasurehunter, and some are metal detectorist....and being realistic with one's self about just where you fall into this range will help you to get more out of the hobby ? Maybe rewriting it this way will help you understand more clearly that there was nothing belittling, or insulting, or degrading at all ?? The only insult is you accusing my response of being AI generated and disgusting to you, as if I directed the comment at you ! You made an assumption sir....and i won't be belittled either !! Hope you can see that you were mistaken, and would at least have the respect to apologize for your false statements....everything i write is genuine and real sir !!

Further more, I applaud your dedication and participation in the hobby....I believe through memory, ....not sure, but i think I had many good things to say on your thread about your 2 reale....I don't know you personally, but I have been supportive of you in the past.

Now carry on and continue i have nothing more to contribute, and will politely bow out !! Good day sir !!
Well I meant nothing offensive about the A.I. comment, only that it felt computer generated. If not, I have no qualms with saying that I was wrong and that I apologize for not assessing your response fairly.

With that being said, yes, it was my Reale post you mentioned... and I appreciate any comments you may have made (it's been several years since I made it, so I don't recollect)

Anyway, I'm with our family at Disney World today... so I'll also have to bow out. Lots of walking is in order, so I probably won't be checking my phone quite as much. I hope nothing but the best for you in the future. 🙏🏽

Bran <><
 
Last edited:
Y'all got to remember that "treasure" is not defined by a dollar $$ sign, but by the value we assign to that which we've found.

My wife has a seashell she picked up off the beach while we were on our honeymoon, and she wouldn't trade it for all the gold and shekels in Israel. It's just a seashell, but to her the memories attached to it are priceless.

All my life I've been a hunter and of both the animate and inanimate. Found plenty of both, but the real treasure to me are the people I've met and the friendships I gained along the way.

It truly is all about the journey. View attachment 2204976
I completely agree! Yes, treasures come in many varieties... and are especially valued differently, if not monetarily, by each of us. It's all about the beauty of our finds for each of us. 😊

Bran <><
 
Well I meant nothing offensive about the A.I. comment, only that it felt computer generated. If not, I have no qualms with saying that I was wrong and that I apologize for not accessing your response fairly.

With that being said, yes, it was my Reale post you mentioned... and I appreciate any comments you may have made (it's been several years since I made it, so I don't recollect)

Anyway, I'm with our family at Disney World today... so I'll also have to bow out. Lots of walking is in order, so I probably won't be checking my phone quite as much. I hope nothing but the best for you in the future. 🙏🏽

Bran <><
Thank you sir for your respectful reply. I hope you have a fantastic day with your family at the park !!🫡
 
Big difference between a "metal detectorist" and a "treasurehunter" !! The hobby of metal detecting, is just that....a hobby using the various metal detectors to find metal objects buried on land or in the sea !!

. . . .
I, based on first hand experience, starting at the late fifties, disagree.

MANY of our metal detecting adventures were planed around fabled or documented hoards, accidents and so on.

Even when I focus was on the big win, we had 9-5 jobs, school and so on we had to return to, when the weekend was over.

If, as they say, a professional is someone paid, there are a lot of treasure hunters who are far from professionals, even as many using detectors get paid regularly.

We, often, used our detectors to locate cites where it was indicated there might be a small treasure. Things like homesteads, where their bank was a mason jar with a rubber gasket glass lid buried in a shallow location.

Or there was the saloon from over a century ago with floors that had so many gaps you didn't need a dust pan to sweep them, and all that had long since rotted away.

Then there is the mentioned "trash can be a treasure" thing. For example, I have a ZIPPO from the back yard of my first house and which is only recognizable as such because I've owned a few. Fifty years in, it's still garbage, but in my treasures bin.

Finally, there is that snobbery thing some suffer. They would, erroneously, elevate themselves above others because they don't drive a Ford / Chevy / . . . . when the reality is, they ignore facts to imagine their self elevation has put them above those they consider commoners.
 
I, based on first hand experience, starting at the late fifties, disagree.

MANY of our metal detecting adventures were planed around fabled or documented hoards, accidents and so on.

Even when I focus was on the big win, we had 9-5 jobs, school and so on we had to return to, when the weekend was over.

If, as they say, a professional is someone paid, there are a lot of treasure hunters who are far from professionals, even as many using detectors get paid regularly.

We, often, used our detectors to locate cites where it was indicated there might be a small treasure. Things like homesteads, where their bank was a mason jar with a rubber gasket glass lid buried in a shallow location.

Or there was the saloon from over a century ago with floors that had so many gaps you didn't need a dust pan to sweep them, and all that had long since rotted away.

Then there is the mentioned "trash can be a treasure" thing. For example, I have a ZIPPO from the back yard of my first house and which is only recognizable as such because I've owned a few. Fifty years in, it's still garbage, but in my treasures bin.

Finally, there is that snobbery thing some suffer. They would, erroneously, elevate themselves above others because they don't drive a Ford / Chevy / . . . . when the reality is, they ignore facts to imagine their self elevation has put them above those they consider commoners.
^^Agreed^^ I started a few years after you, in 1967 when I was 10. I've been in and out over the years, but the treasure bug never left and always seemed to come back to bite me, and I was back in.

I always say that treasure comes in many forms, just like with your Zippo lighter. Just because we're not underwater hunting shipwrecks, or looking for Jesse Jame's lost loot, doesn't mean we're not also "treasure hunters". If I find a gold ring on the beach, to me, that's treasure. I once found a gorgeous conch shell, gave it to my wife, and to her, that shell is "treasure". Everyone has their own treasure they search for.

The term "Treasure Hunter/Hunting" is just the overall generic "umbrella" term that various niche forms of hunting are under.

I also totally agree about the snobbery thing, those people are just legends in their own minds, lol. I drive a Ford XLT 4x4 pickup. I see no reason to spend 10's of thousands more on a Lariat, Ranch, or Platinum version. Cloth seats are just fine, don't need a moonroof, heated steering wheel or a stereo system with 16 speakers. I wear a wedding ring my wife got me, along with a cross necklace she bought me. I also wear a $30 digital Timex watch because it tells time just a good as a Rolex & lights up in the dark, so minimal bling for me.

Everyone on this forum and other forums, no matter what they're searching for, are Treasure Hunters in my book. The snobs just need to take a chill pill, stop worrying about what others are doing, and just pay attention to what they're searching for.
 
Right on, Fellas. We're all in the hobby for the same reason... to find something that we hold personally valuable.

For me, I'm always searching. Funny enough, last weekend... I went to the beach with my family. Of course, I bring my detector & beach scoop with me like I always do. I get out in the water and find nothing for the first couple of hours. Like literally nothing, other than a handful of fishing weights. Then I end up moving up the beach a bit and get my first good target, a stainless crucifixion cross. Then I pick up a silver toe ring, followed by really crusty coins that have been down there a while. At that point, I slowed down... like way down. I decided to hit every slight target that I came across. I then pulled up something that I have only pulled one other of at that same beach after the hurricanes last year... what appears to be a tiny gold nugget. I only say this because it looks melted, has the shine of gold, but especially has the weight of lead (or gold) in my hand. I was blown away, but I decided to move around this little 5 foot area for the next hour and a half... picking up piece after piece (some pretty large) until a huge black line of storms blew in from the Gulf of America, so I had to quickly make my way back to pack our stuff up and get my family back to the car. I ended up with 11 pieces in total @ 22.32 grams (the largest weighing 8.11 grams on its own). Needless to say, I went back out again two days later and pulled a beautiful Turkish silver ring, along with 6 more pieces of gold @ 9.25 grams. I did go out again a couple of days later and only pulled a stainless mens band and one gold nugget. So in total, I've found over an ounce of gold nuggets in a week! Anyway, I can't really quantify how or why melted gold nuggets ended up out there in the saltwater... but it gave me a pretty big high this week.

I had another trip with some friends and pulled yet another pretty silver ring.

It followed with another trip to the beach with my family from Texas yesterday after work. I only had 2 hours until sunset, but I pulled a BEAUTIFUL 14K white gold band (7 grams) on my first target in only 5 minutes. I did find one more ring, but it was a junk ring. But still... what an incredible way to end a work day out there at the beach with my family.

Then I took the day off of work to go to a water park over in Orlando, Florida with my family today. My son & nephews all had masks on in the lazy river... and saw an earring in a grate at the bottom. This was after I found two earrings on the bottom with my feet. 😂 So I grabbed my son's mask and a hair/bobby pin, then went down to the bottom to see what I could pull up. I literally ended up pulling a whole handful of jewelry and stuff down there in about 15 minutes while coming up for air every couple of minutes. They were all amazed that I still found that much without a detector (even if it was all junk jewelry). Still, it's just fun to find stuff... even if it's melted gold nuggets, gold rings, silver rings, or just junk jewelry. 😁

Bran <><
 

Attachments

  • 20250510_195424.webp
    20250510_195424.webp
    2.8 MB · Views: 63
  • 20250513_211053~2.webp
    20250513_211053~2.webp
    2 MB · Views: 73
  • 20250514_091652.webp
    20250514_091652.webp
    884.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 20250515_213200.webp
    20250515_213200.webp
    2.5 MB · Views: 65
  • 20250517_131233.webp
    20250517_131233.webp
    2.8 MB · Views: 63
  • 20250517_205324.webp
    20250517_205324.webp
    580.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 20250519_184054.webp
    20250519_184054.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 63
  • 20250519_184019~2.webp
    20250519_184019~2.webp
    413.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 20250520_211105.webp
    20250520_211105.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Right on, Fellas. We're all in the hobby for the same reason... to find something that we hold personally valuable.

For me, I'm always searching. Funny enough, last weekend... I went to the beach with my family. Of course, I bring my detector & beach scoop with me like I always do. I get out in the water and find nothing for the first couple of hours. Like literally nothing, other than a handful of fishing weights. Then I end up moving up the beach a bit and get my first good target, a stainless crucifixion cross. Then I pick up a silver toe ring, followed by really crusty coins that have been down there a while. At that point, I slowed down... like way down. I decided to hit every slight target that I came across. I then pulled up something that I have only pulled one other of at that same beach after the hurricanes last year... what appears to be a tiny gold nugget. I only say this because it looks melted, has the shine of gold, but especially has the weight of lead (or gold) in my hand. I was blown away, but I decided to move around this little 5 foot area for the next hour and a half... picking up piece after piece (some pretty large) until a huge black line of storms blew in from the Gulf of America, so I had to quickly make my way back to pack our stuff up and get my family back to the car. I ended up with 11 pieces in total @ 22.32 grams (the largest weighing 8.11 grams on its own). Needless to say, I went back out again two days later and pulled a beautiful Turkish silver ring, along with 6 more pieces of gold @ 9.25 grams. I did go out again a couple of days later and only pulled a stainless mens band and one gold nugget. So in total, I've found over an ounce of gold nuggets in a week! Anyway, I can't really quantify how or why melted gold nuggets ended up out there in the saltwater... but it gave me a pretty big high this week.

I had another trip with some friends and pulled yet another pretty silver ring.

It followed with another trip to the beach with my family from Texas yesterday after work. I only had 2 hours until sunset, but I pulled a BEAUTIFUL 14K white gold band (7 grams) on my first target in only 5 minutes. I did find one more ring, but it was a junk ring. But still... what an incredible way to end a work day out there at the beach with my family.

Then I took the day off of work to go to a water park over in Orlando, Florida with my family today. My son & nephews all had masks on in the lazy river... and saw an earring in a grate at the bottom. This was after I found two earrings on the bottom with my feet. 😂 So I grabbed my son's mask and a hair/bobby pin, then went down to the bottom to see what I could pull up. I literally ended up pulling a whole handful of jewelry and stuff down there in about 15 minutes while coming up for air every couple of minutes. They were all amazed that I still found that much without a detector (even if it was all junk jewelry). Still, it's just fun to find stuff... even if it's melted gold nuggets, gold rings, silver rings, or just junk jewelry. 😁

Bran <><
The first pic of the woven ring with the yellow stone, as soon as I saw that, the first thing I thought of was the Crown of Thorns. The 4th pic looks like a large ring that has the large yellow stone in the center, that piece is absolutely stunning, I can't stop looking at it. Real, fake, or somewhere in-between, doesn't matter, there's something uniquely special about that piece. And as I was staring at that pic, I got a strong feeling to tell you that all those finds weren't luck my friend. I don't see very many pieces of jewelry, real or not, that have yellow stones, they seem to me to be quite rare, so finding more than 1 piece of jewelry with yellow stones seems more than coincidence to my eyes. Don't know what, but there's a sign of some kind there, and let's not forget that you also found a cross, so signs abound.

Also, take a look at pic #7, the one with your Legend in the background and your hand stretched out. You have 2 rings on your index finger, 2 more rings in your palm. Look closely at the gold ring with the diamond shapes that's on an angle. There's an image there of a person or something that doesn't look like you. The face has no beard and if you took that pic with your cell phone, I'd expect to see the cell phone reflected along with your image, but the image on the band of that ring looks a bit interesting. Unless there's a serious play on lighting, optical illusion, or some other reasonable explanation, that image has me a bit stumped. Who is that and how did that image get there. Take a look, would love to know your thoughts.

Everything on this planet, gold, silver, other precious metals, natural resources, absolutely everything we can touch or see, even things we can't see deep underground, all belongs to the Lord. We're only temporary caretakers and like it's been said, we can't take it with us when we depart, but thankfully the Lord allows us to enjoy and appreciate these things while we're here.

I don't think you stumbled upon these beautiful treasures by happenstance; I have a very strong feeling I can't shake that you were led to find these beautiful items, post pics of them for us all to enjoy, and possibly for some other purpose that hasn't yet been revealed. I can't say that I'm jealous because jealousy isn't part of my DNA and thankfully, I just don't get jealous of things another man has, for reasons you and I both know. But maybe the Lord will take pity on me and lead me to find some beautiful treasures of his choosing. He has in the past, maybe there's more in my future, guess I'll need to see how my treasure finds play out.

GREAT FINDS my man! Keep going and keep posting. You're in the zone now...
 
The first pic of the woven ring with the yellow stone, as soon as I saw that, the first thing I thought of was the Crown of Thorns. The 4th pic looks like a large ring that has the large yellow stone in the center, that piece is absolutely stunning, I can't stop looking at it. Real, fake, or somewhere in-between, doesn't matter, there's something uniquely special about that piece. And as I was staring at that pic, I got a strong feeling to tell you that all those finds weren't luck my friend. I don't see very many pieces of jewelry, real or not, that have yellow stones, they seem to me to be quite rare, so finding more than 1 piece of jewelry with yellow stones seems more than coincidence to my eyes. Don't know what, but there's a sign of some kind there, and let's not forget that you also found a cross, so signs abound.

Also, take a look at pic #7, the one with your Legend in the background and your hand stretched out. You have 2 rings on your index finger, 2 more rings in your palm. Look closely at the gold ring with the diamond shapes that's on an angle. There's an image there of a person or something that doesn't look like you. The face has no beard and if you took that pic with your cell phone, I'd expect to see the cell phone reflected along with your image, but the image on the band of that ring looks a bit interesting. Unless there's a serious play on lighting, optical illusion, or some other reasonable explanation, that image has me a bit stumped. Who is that and how did that image get there. Take a look, would love to know your thoughts.

Everything on this planet, gold, silver, other precious metals, natural resources, absolutely everything we can touch or see, even things we can't see deep underground, all belongs to the Lord. We're only temporary caretakers and like it's been said, we can't take it with us when we depart, but thankfully the Lord allows us to enjoy and appreciate these things while we're here.

I don't think you stumbled upon these beautiful treasures by happenstance; I have a very strong feeling I can't shake that you were led to find these beautiful items, post pics of them for us all to enjoy, and possibly for some other purpose that hasn't yet been revealed. I can't say that I'm jealous because jealousy isn't part of my DNA and thankfully, I just don't get jealous of things another man has, for reasons you and I both know. But maybe the Lord will take pity on me and lead me to find some beautiful treasures of his choosing. He has in the past, maybe there's more in my future, guess I'll need to see how my treasure finds play out.

GREAT FINDS my man! Keep going and keep posting. You're in the zone now...
That's some good observations. What's funny is that I also found a 14K white gold ring on another beach last year that has either a yellow diamond or citrine stone... which I wear every day on my index finger. So these happened to be my second & third rings with a yellow stone.

I do agree though, I don't believe it was random... I absolutely do believe that the Lord not only guides my path/steps, but He also allows my coil to get over specific targets. I've found many crosses, as well as a 10K gold Lord's Supper pendant the day after our 13 year wedding anniversary last year... after not finding gold for a VERY long time. I just looked to the night sky, smiled, and said... "I see what you did there... very funny! 😂"

And ironic enough, I ended up finding the largest ring I've ever found the very next night, two days after our anniversary. It was a 3-band 14K white gold diamond wedding set. And of the hundreds of rings I've found over the years, none have ever fit my wife's ring finger. But I brought home that ring and she slid it right onto her finger, with a look of shock on my face! I told her that if I can't find the owner, then I guess "Happy Anniversary" and she can keep it (of course, she agreed). I searched all over social media and even contacted the local Sheriff's department to see if any police reports were made 2 weeks before & after the day I found it... but no one had reported anything or posted anything online, so it's hers now.

Yesterday was our 14 year wedding anniversary, and I was just telling her last night that maybe I need to go out again after work today and see if there's something else out there that I was meant to find. You just never know what we might come across in this hobby...

Bran <><
 

Attachments

  • 20250519_101233.webp
    20250519_101233.webp
    477.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 20240522_222910~2.webp
    20240522_222910~2.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 63
  • 20240523_180500.webp
    20240523_180500.webp
    915.2 KB · Views: 51
Congratulations!
Thanks so much! Married for 14 years and together for 16 years. It sure goes quickly... but I'm blessed beyond words! 😊

1000035374.webp


Bran <><
 
I do agree though, I don't believe it was random... I absolutely do believe that the Lord not only guides my path/steps, but He also allows my coil to get over specific targets.

Bran <><
If the Lord is guiding you, why would you need a detector? You should just be able to walk out there and dig treasure with your hands.🤷🏼 There is nothing supernatural happening when you find a Christian cross while running a detector on the beach.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom