What's new

Anyone Want to Guess ?

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4,291
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Friday I'm picking up 16 boxes of dimes. Never did that much at one time.
Anyone want to take a guess at how many keepers I get? :icon_scratch:
HH
Rich
 
Upvote 0
I'm pulling for you... 63 - the year I was born.
 
I'm going to say 71 silver dimes, with a few being canadian in the mix.
 
It seems to me like most of you guys have ridiculously high guesses. It could just be a difference in our locations I suppose. My guess is 16.
 
32 should be about right. At least 2 should be mercs.
 
I will give it a shot at 29 keepers.

apush :read2:
 
24 is my guess.. I hope you are getting boxes with clear plastic. I can't imagine going through boxes with paper wrappers for dimes. Are you going to dump these all at once?
 
I have been watching Rich's post for about 9 months If he doesn't get 2 full boxes half of one being mercs I will be surprised.
 
Sorry Rich, but I say 27 rosies and 5 mercs......

HH,
Legend
 
was going to say 16 so 40 for you!!!!
 
I was going to pick 24 but 2 people already took that and then 36 but someone got that one too. Soo i'll push it up to 41 with 4 of them bieng Merc's. Only Because you have done so well in the past. With that said you might get a monster box in there and hit the centry mark wich would be nice for you because thats quite ambitious. And yes as another poster mentioned, the machines might eat up your profit margin.

Good Luck Rich.

Mojo
 
This is an untried bank for me,at least as far as dimes go. I've only had 2 good dime boxes out of the multitude that I've done. The 2 best boxes had as I recall 8 and 11 keepers. Both boxes were single buys at first time banks.
I'm guessing that getting 16 boxes at a single bank will increase my odds of getting 2010 skunk boxes,although I have yet to get one so far this year.
I have no idea what I'll get, my own guess would be anywhere from 11-32 keepers.
As far as dumping them goes I have new dumping machines that are very accurate, even with dimes. So the only losses I can get are with foreign coins(mostly Canadian).Compared to last year I've gotten very few Canadian dimes in boxes.
HH
Rich
 
SFBayArea said:
24 is my guess.. I hope you are getting boxes with clear plastic. I can't imagine going through boxes with paper wrappers for dimes. Are you going to dump these all at once?

They will be paper rolls. I don't mind,but I have to use a sharp blade when slicing them. Need my fingers.
I'll dump them at two bank machines.
HH
Rich
 
after re-reading the thread i might change my guess, i thought you were talking about halves instead of dimes. i guess 28 keepers
 
silvercop said:
after re-reading the thread i might change my guess, i thought you were talking about halves instead of dimes. i guess 28 keepers

Congratulations SC on a great guess. I got exactly 28 keepers. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HH
Rich
 
congrats rich. i know about how many a box should average, only wish the laws of averages applied to my search fields here. i did 12 boxes of dimes today and only got 4 silver rossies
 
Holy eye strain batman! when did you pick these up? did you mean this Friday as in today? and you did 16 boxes? already? you are a machine dude! that is an outstanding effort Rich, and nice haul on the silver to, where they all Rosie's then? WOW. HH!


Chuck.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom