Anyone with knowledge of "GUCCI" silver?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• gucci bracelet.jpg
    gucci bracelet.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 546

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
Re: Anyone with knowledge of "GUCCI" silver?

It's modern, and quite new, I think. Other than that, I don't know.

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007

Depending on where you are you might have some of those high end little boutique stores which sell designer clothes. Pop in one and ask the sales personel if they recognize this accessory from the Gucci line.

Could be one of those things where it's not Gucci at all. The name was just stamped on there to impress the buyer even though there is actually no tie to the designer name. Knockoffs are aplenty out there.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow! A year and a half with no replies, and now two in one day. :) It's stamped GUCCI .925 and it wieghs almost 3 ounces. I had it cleaned once at the jeweler about a month after I found it.He did an acid test and said it was sterling but could offer no other info.I have searched through a few GUCCI catalogs since I found it and could not find a match. So either it is a replica as suggested or it's an older 70's-80's model. I found this almost 3 years ago and it shows quite a bit of wear on it.. Thanks for the replies. I tried to get a photo of the mark,this is the best I could do with my digital and a mag. glass-

Attachments

• gucci mark 1.jpg
    gucci mark 1.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 401

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007

Could be one of those things where it's not Gucci at all.
That's something to consider, as well. (I wouldn't care---it's sterling anyway!)

chickadee62

Dec 15, 2007

::)Gucci is manufactured here in the US and also in China. Of course the production in China is fake. They also stamp it Gucci make it out of sterling silver and box it in Gucci and unless you are very good at finding fakes you wouldn't know one way or the other. As for the age I would say the late 80's early 90's. Its sterling silver and a nice bracelet. Just keep it and wear it because as far as value you are looking at whatever sterling is going for today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread