Apache Gold Mine

S

scorpion

;D I have gold, silver and nine other precious metals. I am working on the Lost Apache Mine that is referenced by Frank Dobie in the Big Bend area. I have the personal notes from Dr. McCall and the area it is in and the entrance to such cave.

Comanchero

Apr 7, 2005
Kerrville, Texas
Dead Lizard, If you and Cpt Bill are planning on going to the Caballos in NM I can tell Bill exactly where to go there, if he gets to stop by and visit me on his way out I 10, like he and I have discussed already. I lived right across the reservoir on my little 90 acre "Ranchito" for several years up Animas Creek and used to have claims over there on some pretty good placer ground. Metal detecting might be real good up a couple of the washes over there. ;D Comanchero

K

Kentucky Kache

There are legends/stories of lost Indian mines as far east as Kentucky. One story tells of an old Indian coming to look for a lost mine. He told the white people that If they knew what the Indians knew, they could shoe their horses with gold. True or false there are alot of stories of lost mines, Indian or otherwise.

Oct 8, 2004
Ferris Texas
If you will check your history, you will find that Snively had a twin brother who he used to be in the same place at both times, he did this because he was after a treasure in texas near the red river. I have complet details and location of this treasure, looking for someone in the Sherman Denison area contact me for this real hunt. Txtreasurehunter

Comanchero

Apr 7, 2005
Kerrville, Texas
TTH, that is interesting. Only problem with the Red River is was it the treasure stashed before the damming stopped it's raging torrents or after. ???
I would think you could find a hunt partner somewhere near you alright. ;D C.

OP
OP
C

curly

Greenie
Sep 13, 2003
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Comanchero

Very interesing work, as Im familiar with the McCall story and that hidden Apache mine mine. Its more proof of an Apache mine in Texas. Weird thing though, is there are apparently TWO versions and locations of that tale, and yours is to me the least likely location of the two. One has that mine in the Big Bend area, and the other elsewhere in the state. Both stories describe the same San Antonio doctor who cured a man captured by Apaches as a kid, then shown the mine location. Whats weird is I have not been able to figure out why the location of that story changed over the years, or, if there were two San Antonio doctors with way-bills to two separate gold mines??? big mystery!

Also, Ive hiked over that Big Bend region and east of the Chisos and would be shocked that any gold exists there, as geologically, its not suitable for that. But there are some very remote parts of that region between Presdio, Texas and Laredo, Texas on the Rio that are very wild and forbidden and which I have not seen personally . Parts down there have not been touched since the days of the wild west! Anyway, the only hope of finding minerals there I found was the Reagan ranch tale and of there being a hidden mine near the Rio Grande. Maybe thats the mine you found. Some cowboy found gold nuggets in "rocks that stand up like teeth", as I remember, in the late 1800's. Anyway, thats rugged beautiful country down there. Love to know more about your discovery if you can share it.

C

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread