The Crashed Mitchell B-25 bomber wreck near Pitt Lake BC

Daryl Friesen

Mar 21, 2003
Vancouver,British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
The following is an article on the bomber which i wrote sometime ago it should answer some of your questions.

The B-25 Bomber that was rumoured to be carrying a large quantity of gold, according to a story that was started by the discovery of a mysterious newspaper article that I have never been able to find at the Vancouver Public Library. The article dates back to the 1950s about a B-25 Bomber that crashed somewhere north of Maple Ridge carrying a large shipment of gold bullion that came from a air force base outside of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. The B-25 bomber had been converted into a cargo plane by the Canadian Military after WWII for the soul purpose of carrying valuable Military cargo.

There are a few theories as to where the gold itself came from before it was loaded onto the plane. I heard one treasure hunter even suggested that it was a shipment of Nazi bullion recovered by the Canadian Military after the fall of Berlin during WWII. .

Some people that I have talked to believe that if the plane was carrying a cargo of gold, it may have been scattered across the ridge when it crashed. The bottom of the fuselage may have been ripped open on impact when it went down, which explains why there was no gold to be found at the wreck site. I myself believe that if there was gold on the plane, it was recovered by the Military when they located the wreck. But I could be wrong.

Documents that I was able to find during the research of this treasure lead confirm the fact that government located the wreck and removed the bodies of the dead pilots, as well as any cargo that would have been in easy reach. But this does not mean that if there was a shipment of gold on the plane that there is nothing up there still waiting to be found. The plane was caught in a ice rainstorm when it hit the lip of ****** Canyon, ripping open the fuselage and spilling some of the cargo across the top of the ridge as well as into the Canyon. When I was in the canyon we located a large piece of the wreck near the back of the canyon but never found any gold but we where not looking for it in the canyon at the time.

It is also possible that it is now covered by a landslide or buried under a ton of boulders, lost forever. Only someone who is brave enough to go back there will ever learn the truth regarding the missing gold of the B-25 Bomber.

If you would like to have a look at a picture of the final resting place of the bomber please come by the website and have a look. You will find a link for the bomber site in the Helicopter crash section.

Thanks
Daryl Friesen
Spindle Explorations
www.bc-alter.net/dfriesen

OP
OP
Daryl Friesen

Daryl Friesen

Mar 21, 2003
Vancouver,British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
As a matter of fact below is one of the documents. This is a record of the Captain Macintoshs death. It also gives the day the government located the wreck.

bomberpilotrecord.jpg

www.spindlequest.com/lostmine.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread