Apology

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiggerKid2003

Jul 5, 2014
Spotsylvania VA
Detector(s) used
Garret At Pro, Garret Pro Pointer, Wireless Z-Lynk headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today I broke a major rule of treasurenet and pay the consequence. My friend came over and were young and stupid and did something I fully regret. We made fake accounts and kinda messed around. I realize how much of a mistake this was and apologize. My dad that goes by the user richeysd76 has nothing to do with it. Yet I'm sure he can't log on because of the ip ban. Now we never said anything rude or mean trying to put anyone down but none of it should have been done. I knew the rules and what I did was completely ridiculous. Over the years I have fell in love with this community and hope that me and my friend being dumb doesn't end it. This is such a nice community and i have no excuse for being toxic just know that i fully regret it. Again, I'm sorry and if this is my last post on treasurenet this is well deserved.

Last edited:

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By them books, send them to school and what do they do? THE WHIP!

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
You are hereby sentenced to 50 lashes across the bare back with a wet noodle. :whip2:

OP
OP
DiggerKid2003

DiggerKid2003

Jul 5, 2014
Spotsylvania VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's also wasting their time. I'm just scared if they can't take the ip-ban back, my dad won't be able to post. He had nothing to do with his kid being an idiot. And I know he loves this community.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
It's also wasting their time. I'm just scared if they can't take the ip-ban back, my dad won't be able to post. He had nothing to do with his kid being an idiot. And I know he loves this community.

I guess you will have to relinquish your computer/device to him.

OP
OP
DiggerKid2003

DiggerKid2003

Jul 5, 2014
Spotsylvania VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That statement shows how immature it was and I face the consequences I just don't want him to.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....as long as he hasn't forced this apology I guess I can forgive you....but what really did you do wrong, let's start with the early years.....go on...

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all fun and games until someone gets Dad banned!:BangHead:

Man...Just PM one of the mods and explain it to them. They all seem to be understanding and I'm sure they can let it slide, one time.:occasion14: We all do dumb stuff, if this is the worst that you've done on here your doing ok!:thumbsup:

If you haven't talked to a mod, just PM one of them. I'll bet they give you one slip up. TH, JeffofPA, TNmountains, and the others were kids once too!:laughing7:

If that doesn't work? Ummm? Break Dad's computer? A robber stole it? I'm jkg!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
DiggerKid2003

DiggerKid2003

Jul 5, 2014
Spotsylvania VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I already contacted a moderator. He said he doesn't think an ip-ban can be reversed. If that's the case, there's not a whole lot I can do.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I already contacted a moderator. He said he doesn't think an ip-ban can be reversed. If that's the case, there's not a whole lot I can do.

If your father has issue signing on have him contact a mod through you if need be. Only one IP was banned and I see multiple devices have been used so it should not be an issue getting on to contact us. We do not want to punish your dad for something stupid you did unless it becomes a regular thing.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Things like that happen...... when Mom and Dad or the babysitter falls asleep.

or if you were like me, things like this happened after you managed to lock the baby sitter in the bathroom for a few hours......

OP
OP
DiggerKid2003

DiggerKid2003

Jul 5, 2014
Spotsylvania VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If your father has issue signing on have him contact a mod through you if need be. Only one IP was banned and I see multiple devices have been used so it should not be an issue getting on to contact us. We do not want to punish your dad for something stupid you did unless it becomes a regular thing.
Definitely will not be a regular thing. Was a stupid mistake we thought would be funny at the time.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If more people would stand up and "Own" their mistakes we would be much better off. You could have taken the easy route and just played this behind the scenes with a moderator but by coming clean in front or the entire forum you have my respect. I have heard that "wisdom" is the accumulation of time and survival of our mistakes, hopefully you have learned from this and won't make the same mistake again in the future.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I fail to see what would be funny about creating a new ID and posting bogus finds. How is that funny?

OP
OP
DiggerKid2003

DiggerKid2003

Jul 5, 2014
Spotsylvania VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I fail to see what would be funny about creating a new ID and posting bogus finds. How is that funny?

It's not and I realize that now. It's the whole reason I made this post.

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What'd ya do, sign up and post marbles and pea gravel claiming they were diamonds like that 1 fella? :laughing7:

My inner troll can see how it could be quite amusing doing something silly like that for a laugh, and honestly it isn't nearly as depraved and pitiful as the multiple losers in the past who've tried to pass off eBay purchases as genuine finds for banner votes and general attention. Craven idiots like that still drawing air makes me think assisted suicide isn't such a bad idea after-all, steer clear of that lot and you'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread