Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
DiggerKid2003

DiggerKid2003

Jul 5, 2014
Spotsylvania VA
Detector(s) used
Garret At Pro, Garret Pro Pointer, Wireless Z-Lynk headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What'd ya do, sign up and post marbles and pea gravel claiming they were diamonds like that 1 fella? :laughing7:

My inner troll can see how it could be quite amusing doing something silly like that for a laugh, and honestly it isn't nearly as depraved and pitiful as the multiple losers in the past who've tried to pass off eBay purchases as genuine finds for banner votes and general attention. Craven idiots like that still drawing air makes me think assisted suicide isn't such a bad idea after-all, steer clear of that lot and you'll be fine.

I'm not like any of those people. It was a one time mistake. And nothing bad was done. Just stuff that would be considered spam which got me ip banned.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What'd ya do, sign up and post marbles and pea gravel claiming they were diamonds like that 1 fella? :laughing7:

My inner troll can see how it could be quite amusing doing something silly like that for a laugh, and honestly it isn't nearly as depraved and pitiful as the multiple losers in the past who've tried to pass off eBay purchases as genuine finds for banner votes and general attention. Craven idiots like that still drawing air makes me think assisted suicide isn't such a bad idea after-all, steer clear of that lot and you'll be fine.

"...That would have worked if I hadn't been shot in the kidney with a whaling harpoon the week before. And besides, I really did find it. Found it in my mailbox. But that'll be my last mail order from those unsavory characters. The picture of the five legged ground squirrel in that Soilder of Fortune magazine advertisment should have been a dead giveaway that is wasn't on the level."

If nobody else sees humor in that, please disregard. :laughing7:

To the o.p., i appreciate your honesty in admitting your mistake. Why tell a joke that nobody but the dude telling it can laugh at? That how the elitists mock us peasants.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
It’s cool you’re trying to make it right. Stay on that track and you’ll be a success.

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, you danged kids! What ever will we do with you? I don't know how old you are but I do know that high school kids ... especially boys ... tend to do dumb stuff. Here's some advice (not that you asked for it): the next time you have an idea that, in your head, sounds like a really good thing to do, put that idea down and think about something else. Until you're about 25 years old, your brain is still forming its ability to make rational decisions.

I have to say that I am pleased that you came into the room and confessed an error. I taught high school for 15 years and can count on one hand the number of kids who apologized for some stupid thing they had done. Most would tell a lie to cover a lie to cover a lie before they would admit being wrong. By "manning up" and admitting your error, you show that you are developing character.

Just remember, words have meaning and actions have consequences - good or bad. Stay on the good path.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I say...Git a rope! 😂😂😂

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This is what happens when you play games and don't study!!!

I know it's against the rules! To make fun of a post and spelling! But I also know that A2coins would get a laugh and that he wrote it that way on purpose. :laughing7: All you have to do is read half my posts to see what happens when school isn't important. I can't even write a proper sentence or paragraph. But I had some fun back then!!!!:laughing7:

Most of us are joking with you! Your all good!! and have wayyyy overpaid with the abuse. I'll bet there are some in this thread that have way way worse things to tell! From their youth! I know I do! My Dad's favorite saying,"What the Hell is wrong with you? Do you have a pea for a brain?" Or..."Are you serious? You really thought that was a good idea? Hmmmm?" That usually came Before the "SMACK"! But that was rare...I put my Dad through a lot!!! And this would have been nothing for him. Sad but true... I almost burnt his house down when I was about 17. I ran a 110v mig welder off of 100ft extension cord out of a kitchen wall socket, out the window. It caught the wiring in the walls on fire.The house was wired in the 30's and had 60amp service, the fuse didn't blow right away. I had to wake him up at 3am and explain there was smoke. He had to tear into lathe and plaster walls in a kitchen he had redone, to make sure it was out. He would have loved to just not be able to log on that night. There are many many more! Your doing fine!!!!

Last edited:

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The house was wired in the 30's and had 60amp service, the fuse didn't blow right away.

Hey, my house still has 60 amp service. Is that a bad thing? LOL!

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, my house still has 60 amp service. Is that a bad thing? LOL!

It is if you want a Miller 210(? can't remember? 110v mig welder on a 100ft cheapest extension cord you can buy! We were using another cars headlights for light! I was determined to fix a frame on a rotted out 72 duster in the driveway...That night!! The old torsion bar problem. We did some hack stuff. My friends use to come over and hang out all night so My dad was use to that. Cars starting at 2Am with open headers ticked him off too, but we had to try it whenn we finally got motors pieced together.:laughing7: That's the mild stuff too! He came home from vacation one year...and we had the street in front of his house black, from motorcycles and cars. Both directions!! "You idiots don't think the cops will know where your all coming from? GROW SOME BRAINS YOU CLOWNS!!! It looks like a drag way out here!!" Sometimes he'd get so mad he couldn't talk!:laughing7: And of course..You have that one dumb friend that would just have to say something and couldn't just let him vent and calm down!:laughing7:"uhhh? So?..., who do you think won the race Mr. .....? Your gonna be real mad when you open your freezer and see we ate all your steaks too!! hahaha We had a party out here!".

Last edited:

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, Mopars from the 70's always had problems with torsion bars. Either the frame where it attached rotted away or one of them snapped. Ever hear a torsion bar snap when you're going 60 MPH? VERY scary sound!

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, Mopars from the 70's always had problems with torsion bars. Either the frame where it attached rotted away or one of them snapped. Ever hear a torsion bar snap when you're going 60 MPH? VERY scary sound!

Never had one snap, but I mostly played with A body's I think they were a little shorter. That way I could just keep swapping parts from one $200 car to the next.(mid 90's stuff was still cheap). I had one of the torsion bar inserts in the sub frame let loose, because it was rotted. The car dropped on that side and I was all over the road. We mostly had junk. Kept the same good J and X heads, and just kept getting another junkyard motor for the short block.Mostly 318's until!!! I got a hold of 3, 340's...That's when we started actually caring about how they were going together.

Those torsion bars make awesome pry bars if you cut and grind one end!!

I'm rambling in your thread Diggerkid2003! I get carried away! Most already know this.... Sometimes I don't notice, then I see I have a whole page of posts later. I get bored! And it's against the rules to have multiple accounts. I've never heard of anyone doing that, but it's a rumor! Just messing with ya! :laughing7:

Last edited:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

74 Duster, 3 on the tree with the Leaning Tower of Power...coming home from high school and SNAP!!! Left front wheel folds in and lays flat, the noise from the tire, lower control arm and suspension dragging the asphalt at 55 mph are enough to make me wanna pull the chute and bail into the back seat. Dad...always the understanding one (NOT) with his infinite words of wisdom, advised me that the carnage was due to reckless driving..whatever. Took me about a month of bussing tables at Bob Evans to scrape enough cabbage together to fix it. Luv my Mopars tho...Ddf.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I already contacted a moderator. He said he doesn't think
an ip-ban can be reversed. If that's the case, there's not a whole lot I can do.

Yes, an IP ban can be reversed, and takes only a second or 2.

Now, whether they choose to do so may be another issue.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, capital punishment or water boarding are out of the question. I think a fair punishment would be to have you metal detect for a hundred hours with no batteries in your detector.

OP
OP
DiggerKid2003

DiggerKid2003

Jul 5, 2014
Spotsylvania VA
Detector(s) used
Garret At Pro, Garret Pro Pointer, Wireless Z-Lynk headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, an IP ban can be reversed, and takes only a second or 2.

Now, whether they choose to do so may be another issue.
I guess that is the issue. If I don't get word back soon I'll probably give up and accept it.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess that is the issue. If I don't get word back soon I'll probably give up and accept it.

TH said if there was an issue to have your dad contact him through your account.....If I read that right. His post was saying no issue.

I think it was post #14

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have reached out to admins to reverse it, waiting for them to stop in.

Midwest4

Sep 26, 2018
USA
Detector(s) used
intuition
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to this forum but just wanted to chime in a say.... insulting people online is way too common, seeing an apology is very very rare. So I commend you for apologizing publicly for whatever it was or to whomever you may have offended.

As far as the IP ban, I can't even get my home IP to stay the same for longer than 90 days because most internet access providers rotate them constantly, and you have to pay big$ to have a static IP address. So I imagine after a few months, your home IP will have changed anyway, and the person that inherits your old IP will be the one banned from the forum :-o

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to this forum but just wanted to chime in a say.... insulting people online is way too common, seeing an apology is very very rare. So I commend you for apologizing publicly for whatever it was or to whomever you may have offended.

As far as the IP ban, I can't even get my home IP to stay the same for longer than 90 days because most internet access providers rotate them constantly, and you have to pay big$ to have a static IP address. So I imagine after a few months, your home IP will have changed anyway, and the person that inherits your old IP will be the one banned from the forum :-o

Welcome to the forum from Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Check now the ip should be working again, please keep in mind this is a one time ip ban removal, please do not allow someone else to use your account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions