Kevo_DFX Hero Member Joined Sep 5, 2008 Messages 567 Reaction score 135 Golden Thread 0 Location Greensburg, PA Detector(s) used DFX Dec 6, 2011 #1 Well, I know it has to be post 1902, I was looking for a more narrow time frame. 39mm. Thanks! Kevo
duggap Bronze Member Joined Dec 11, 2007 Messages 2,056 Reaction score 1,053 Golden Thread 0 Location Chattanooga, TN Detector(s) used Tosoro Bandido Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Dec 6, 2011 #2 I have found several of those from the old Ft. Oglethorpe at and around Chickamauga. The troops were there until the early 1900s. I think they are turn of the century. I believe it was 1903 when the great seal buttons were introduced. Upvote 0
I have found several of those from the old Ft. Oglethorpe at and around Chickamauga. The troops were there until the early 1900s. I think they are turn of the century. I believe it was 1903 when the great seal buttons were introduced.
Montana Jim Gold Member Joined Sep 18, 2006 Messages 11,705 Reaction score 148 Golden Thread 0 Location Montana Dec 6, 2011 #3 Seal went into use in 1902, at least on the buttons... and the calvary stopped using horses in the mid 1940s. Upvote 0
Seal went into use in 1902, at least on the buttons... and the calvary stopped using horses in the mid 1940s.
TxTim Silver Member Joined Jan 14, 2007 Messages 2,735 Reaction score 28 Golden Thread 0 Location Texas Detector(s) used DFX & SE Dec 6, 2011 #4 Looks like WW1 Upvote 0