apush
Bronze Member
Went to an educational seminar about 35 miles from work today. Made myself stop at 5 banks along the way. That is all I had time for, as I had to go back and close the buses. 3 of 5 had no halves; 1 of 5 only had $5.50--all clad. Did manage at last bank (in which I almost passed up) $8.50 in halves. Spur of the moment, I asked the teller if they had any large quantities in the vault. She comes back with one of those canvas bags and says we have $200.00 in this bag--how many do you want? I say, of course, all. This was a lesson well learned; that is, always ask for the "vault." Also, as it was raining heavily, I pulled an "Obe" and went thru the drive-thru. 
Not much of a haul at all, but better than an el skunk-o. The bag netted 1-1964 plus 6-40%ers. Better than some boxes I have pulled. Plus I got to keep the canvas bag. Nice teller. And, it did not cost me any gas, since it was right off the highway.
Cheers & HSH,
apush

Not much of a haul at all, but better than an el skunk-o. The bag netted 1-1964 plus 6-40%ers. Better than some boxes I have pulled. Plus I got to keep the canvas bag. Nice teller. And, it did not cost me any gas, since it was right off the highway.
Cheers & HSH,
apush

Upvote
0
I bought a $253.50 mixed bag of Ikes and halves from a bank near my doctor's office yesterday and it was el-skunko!!! It was neat that the teller said she had a bag and I was excited to buy it but no bag luck for me thus far!!!







