What's new

Aquapulse 1b battery upgrades anyone?

crzhors

Full Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2006
Messages
111
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse,Excaliber,Pulse8X
It's time to Repower my AQ1B as the batteries are elderly, Has anyone looked into more modern LithiumIon upgrade? Is it possible? A diesel powered diver askin..THNX
 
I would stay with the proven NiMH batteries....you already have a very good charger for it as well as the Ikelite charge connector.
The battery pack is epoxied into the base of the AQ1B but can be safely removed with a heat gun (to soften the epoxy) after disconnecting the electrical connector between the board and battery pack. Changing out the O-ring is also a good idea.
Regards,
Tony
 
Thanks Tony, It happens that my battery pack is only secured with small studs and nuts..Now how and where do I purchase a new pack? I'm in Panama so that adds a twist...
 
Update Aquapulse Battery 9/4/18

You can buy the new batteries at Kellyco for the AQ1B, email repaircenter@kellycodetectors.com
Howdy again, Just an update, Kellyco wants me to send the unit and they will change it. Sorry, I'm totally able to change it. Rookies don't usually own these units.Besides, I live in Panama...
Sorry, The young lady on the phone was friendly though. Time to start hacking Ni-cad battery packs.....shucks...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom