What's new

Aquatic Treasures

An interesting dredge. :D
 
It would be neat to try out, at least.
 
They have a good idea , the main thing I can see that will make it sell or not is the cost . Most items like this that come out do not make it because the cost is just to much for the average person to go down and buy and still be able to have fun using it and not wish they did not as the cost of the unit was just to much.

Another thing I can see is the maintenance of the two cycle engine . Although easy to fix and repair they do take time and need to be kept tuned .
I don't know , this is one that I will have to watch and see how it works out.
 
That video has been posted here several times over the last several years.

A big negative is the noise, I don't see many cities tolerating the noise of a 2 cycle engine on the beach, basically a leaf blower... I can easily see them passing a law against it just because of the noise alone.

Another possible down side is it drawing too much attention to our hobby and they outlawing the dredge and detecting on the beach completely...
 
HA..Of Course he found all that jewelry....bogus....Nothing like the fresh smell of gas fumes in the morning...RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR FACE...
 
Interesting, just not right. :laughing7:
Broken Knee
 
I think the concept is pretty cool, even if there are obvious drawbacks.

The important thing is, it shows someone thinking outside the box-trying to discover a different way to detect, uncover and retrieve buried or sunken treasure.

:icon_thumright:

Reminds me of some of the guys on the shipwreck forum who are building their own dredges, pulse detectors, detector arrays, ROVs etc...

Tom
 
I would love to use one for a couple of days just to clean the can slaw out of one of our beaches that is almost impossible to hunt with hand digging methods.

The 2 cycle engine would not make anymore noise than the County's constant running of beach re-nourishment dredges. In addition in wouldn't stinky like the stuff the dredges pump up on the beaches. Talk about foul smelling!

I could see where you would have to use it when no people were at the beach. Could you imaging the crowd that would attract? It would also not be effective in rocky or shell covered beaches.
 
Can Slaw said:
I would love to use one for a couple of days just to clean the can slaw out of one of our beaches that is almost impossible to hunt with hand digging methods.

The 2 cycle engine would not make anymore noise than the County's constant running of beach re-nourishment dredges. In addition in wouldn't stinky like the stuff the dredges pump up on the beaches. Talk about foul smelling!

I could see where you would have to use it when no people were at the beach. Could you imaging the crowd that would attract? It would also not be effective in rocky or shell covered beaches.

County workers can make as much noise as they want, let a private citizen do it and your in trouble.....Seen police tell beach vistors to turn down radios, which didn't really bother me since I hate the rap they were playing....
 
Suction dredge with built in detector or vice versa, I think it's a cool concept, just too noisy. Don't think it would fly with all the Hotel guest, beach goers condo commando's here in Florida.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom