What's new

✅ SOLVED Arcade token?

cudamark

San Diego Ring Finder
🥇 Charter Member
Top Banner Poster
Joined
Mar 16, 2011
Messages
15,098
Reaction score
20,186
Golden Thread
1
Location
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 2 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this 23mm brass token at a local public beach. When I Google Cap Estel Enterprises, all I seem to get is related to a resort. Did they have their own tokens made for use in their arcade or game room? Probably modern, but, I'd still like to know the history of it. Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • 100_1772.webp
    100_1772.webp
    753.9 KB · Views: 101
  • 100_1771.webp
    100_1771.webp
    711.7 KB · Views: 82
Late 1980's. Looks like they were an early version of Game Stop stores. Apparently a mall kiosk type of operation.

No info on when they went under. Here's a newspaper ad from March 1988:

cap estell.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yep I find lots like that
 
Upvote 0
Thanks Matt! :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom