What's new

Are 1987 halves harder to find?

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
4,949
Reaction score
2,326
Golden Thread
0
Location
NorthWest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
today I found 20- 1987 P and D halves that look Uncirculated, are these harder to find?
 
Upvote 0
I've never came across one in the wild.
 
Yes they are! Low mintages!! Finding 20 at once is odd......must have come from a collection or a mint roll.
- Grizz
 
Goes4ever said:
today I found 20- 1987 P and D halves that look Uncirculated, are these harder to find?


They were only released in NIFC sets, so none were for circulation. I have a roll or so of the nice ones I found.

They are not very common compared to the newer NIFCs, which I sometimes find alot of in boxes.

Jim
 
here are some pics, anyone here need any?
 

Attachments

  • S6304220.webp
    S6304220.webp
    64.2 KB · Views: 349
  • S6304221.webp
    S6304221.webp
    49.8 KB · Views: 345
Yes! I'm very interested getting some of them. Let me know by sending me
a PM.
Thanks,
rileyboy
 
rileyboy said:
Yes! I'm very interested getting some of them. Let me know by sending me
a PM.
Thanks,
rileyboy
all 20 sold , thanks Rileyboy, nice talking to you on the phone!
 
I found 7 in a box once. Never 20. Good find. I think they bring a bit of a premium too.

Golden Silver
 
I have found just like 7. Hard to come by.

DW
 
that's awesome, if you wanna trade for anything, let me know. I don't know what you need, but I don't have either 1987 half, would like to get some of them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom