What's new

are all proofs cameo?

favored papa

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2009
Messages
656
Reaction score
214
Golden Thread
0
Location
mountain home Idaho
Detector(s) used
ace 250 dfx
I went through about 750. in hand rolls today and found
one 67 40%,
one 69s looks like a proof but is not cameo,
a 73s cameo proof, and
a 1995d chrome plated this is one ugly coin.

So what about the 69s ??? I thought all proof's were cameo face with mirror finish back ground?
 
Upvote 0
a cameo is just a really high grade proof, or one w/ really nice details and the frosting is perfect...a proof & cameo both have the same appearance, so to look like a proof but not a cameo is impossible...cuz they both look the same, just different conditions/strike qualities.....hope this helps, and AWESOME score on the silver and everything else! keep it up and hh!
 
I guess the frosting is my question the 69s has a near prefect mirror finish, but the face is not a nice white frost as the other impaired proof's I have found.

thanks for the help.
 
Some proofs are cameo, really nice ones are "deep cameo" or "ultra cameo" (depending on which grading service grades them, can't remember which is which, NGC or PCGS).
 
Lots of proofs are not cameo, especially earlier proof coins.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom