bigfoot1
Silver Member
- Joined
- Nov 1, 2011
- Messages
- 3,792
- Reaction score
- 3,399
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- so.cal.mtns.
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
I personally find that target id is as much a function of the particular coil as the machine the coil is on.An example...if I have my eliptical concentric on it is extremely accurate on coin ids and has little problem with bottle caps.If I switch to my DD than every bottle cap swears it is a coin,but I can work ironised soil and trashy areas better.
Interesting that the sunray probe on my trusty ol machine is almost always exactly correct on id running through same chip as main coil.It would appear that the size alone plays a role as all else is created equal on a given target.
I suppose it is what it is and perfect machines would actuall ruin this hobby as any fool(every fool)would have one and be sucessful.Nothing left for us that paid hard dues for what talent we posess.
Interesting that the sunray probe on my trusty ol machine is almost always exactly correct on id running through same chip as main coil.It would appear that the size alone plays a role as all else is created equal on a given target.
I suppose it is what it is and perfect machines would actuall ruin this hobby as any fool(every fool)would have one and be sucessful.Nothing left for us that paid hard dues for what talent we posess.

It just seems like these things are sooo much different that any machine should be able to tell them apart easily...
I own an AT pro its great at finding bottle caps but.... Coins are solid hits compared to bottle caps. Bottle caps on the AT pro will jump around much more than a silver coin or clad coin. This is good and bad... Sure you'll dig lots less bottle caps knowing this but you'll also skip more targets. A silver quarter will sometimes ring in choppy once in awhile so skipping those targets could be bad too.. 








