Nathan W Silver Member Joined Jan 14, 2023 Messages 3,453 Reaction score 10,833 Golden Thread 0 Mar 7, 2023 #1 I was digging a target, turned out to be old headstamp and this was in the hole too. Idk I don’t see a lot of flaking. But it does look kind of like a spear tip. Tell me I’m not crazy. Attachments 374ECE8B-9671-4CA0-813C-0FE8739FB9A1.webp 301 KB · Views: 120 386D4FAE-C34A-4F20-9E1E-440EBA20BEE6.webp 413.6 KB · Views: 74 322790DC-2F3C-4A1E-950A-3AAD2792F7E7.webp 393.4 KB · Views: 82 3249FC8C-5ACF-4A8A-98AB-2DACB2223A5B.webp 473.6 KB · Views: 82
I was digging a target, turned out to be old headstamp and this was in the hole too. Idk I don’t see a lot of flaking. But it does look kind of like a spear tip. Tell me I’m not crazy.
dozer dan Hero Member Joined Jan 14, 2008 Messages 907 Reaction score 602 Golden Thread 0 Location PNW Primary Interest: Other Mar 7, 2023 #2 Wishful thinking but I’m thinking just a rock. Sometimes quartz will just separate from the rock it’s attached to like that. Upvote 6
Wishful thinking but I’m thinking just a rock. Sometimes quartz will just separate from the rock it’s attached to like that.
Tony in SC Gold Member Joined Jun 8, 2006 Messages 6,428 Reaction score 9,296 Golden Thread 0 Location Upstate South Carolina Detector(s) used Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Mar 7, 2023 #3 Yep, it's a piece of mother nature's artwork. Upvote 2
Nathan W Silver Member Joined Jan 14, 2023 Messages 3,453 Reaction score 10,833 Golden Thread 0 Mar 7, 2023 Thread Owner #4 Tony in SC said: Yep, it's a piece of mother nature's artwork. Click to expand... I figured Upvote 2
unclemac Gold Member Joined Oct 12, 2011 Messages 8,025 Reaction score 9,213 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: Beach & Shallow Water Hunting Mar 7, 2023 #5 it is from freezing and "pop" a flake pops off a boulder. Upvote 1
Treasure_Hunter Administrator ⛮ Administrator ⛭ Moderator 🥇 Charter Member Joined Jul 27, 2006 Messages 56,434 Reaction score 72,658 Golden Thread 0 Mar 7, 2023 #6 Sorry, natural..... Upvote 1
Nathan W Silver Member Joined Jan 14, 2023 Messages 3,453 Reaction score 10,833 Golden Thread 0 Mar 7, 2023 Thread Owner #7 Thanks everyone, I knew you guys would know for sure Upvote 1
Blackfoot58 Gold Member Joined Jan 11, 2023 Messages 6,193 Reaction score 15,838 Golden Thread 0 Location Iowa Detector(s) used Makro Simplex+ Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Mar 7, 2023 #8 Natural rock, but I still do not think you are crazy. I’ve debated over similar issues. Keep hunting! Upvote 1
Natural rock, but I still do not think you are crazy. I’ve debated over similar issues. Keep hunting!