What's new

✅ SOLVED Are these buttons?

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2015
Messages
2,221
Reaction score
5,392
Golden Thread
0
Location
NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, XP Deus2, NOX 900, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these two items within 10 feet of each other. It looks like the backs have some sort of tab that can be bent over to help keep it attached to something. Maybe clothing? The large one is just a gnats hair smaller than a dime.
FullSizeRender.webpFullSizeRender_1.webp


Any ideas on what they are and how old they may be?
 
Hello, They look like the brass studds that line the arms of old decorated furniture . I find them in some of the old dumps around and you can see them on old leather chairs or sofas. Also I have found larger ones on old leather horse harnesses. Paul:coffee2:
 
Upvote 0
Good I'd I remember those
 
Upvote 0
Thanks so much. I love this forum!
Marked as solved.
 
Upvote 0
Use on different types of leathers and on horse tack and it can be quite old.
 
Upvote 0
The house i found them at dates to 1890. The place must have been hit pretty hard in the past because i didn't find any high tones that were deep. Mostly new drops less than an inch deep. A few mid tones that netted these tacks as well as a 1930 buffalo nickel. Not even a single wheat!
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom